1. A mother (usually that of a tween or teen-ager) that also dresses preppy. (See prep, preppy, tween.)
2. A mother that treats her teen-agers as peers by aiding, allowing, and/or encouraging them to partake in adult activities in the home that include but are not limited too drinking, drugging, and sex.
1. Brittany bugged her mother to buy the polo shirt at American Eagle so that she would look like a cool mom.
2. Jane bought her gurls(see gurls) their favorite wine coolers for their beach trip. She just wanted to be a cool mom.
3. In Chapel Hill, a very liberal town, co-ed sleepovers are common. Cool moms just have to knock on the bedroom door before entering.