A person who's morals and values are based on those that are taught by the Judeo-Christianity religion.
Most of these people live very basic lives and therefore are underrated by liberals. This is a grand generalisation, and many liberals are very surprised when they argue with well educated conservative.
Many people claim that this method is to outdated for modern world, yet it has gotten the Western world where it is today.
2) One who believes in less government being better government.
3) One who believes in such "outmoded" ideas as civil liberties (freedom of speech, separation of church and state, right to keep and bear arms, that kind of thing)
4) One for whom the Republican Party no longer truly speaks.
5) a word that today's so-called "conservatives" don't know the definition of.
1. Fiscal conservatism. A belief in personal responsibility for finances. Scaling back taxation to allow greater control over individual incomes. Conservative thinking promotes cutbacks in public spending enabling tax breaks to be given to those that are earning, and believes in helping those out of work back into self sufficiency.
2. Social conservatism. Contrary to the fiscal conservatism, social conservatives believe in placing restrictions on personal freedoms, resulting in more government involvement into the daily lives of individuals. This is also known as neo-conservative.
2) An economic ideology that emphasizes fiscal responsibility: Saving money as opposed to spending it.
3) A political ideology that less is more when in refference to the scale that Government should play in daily life.
4) Not to be confused with neo-conservative or neo con which emphasizes spending, and larger government.
2) The annual budget report angered many conservatives due to the outrageous disparity between the money created, and spent.
3) Mike appreciated a conservative approach to government, less is more.
4) Most true conservatives are deeply bothered by the wave of neo-cons that have come into existance.
2)(In America) A political affliation. Conservatives tend to believe in people taking care of themselves with as little government help as possible. They do not usually believe in social welfare systems. They also tend beleive in a strict interpretation of the Constitution in regard to the powers of the governement. Many but not all conservatives are supportive of the war in Iraq. A large portion of conservatives are Republicans.
Sadly, some conservatives (as with all groups of people) are biased and blindlly accuse liberals and other people they don't like of being "un-american" or not committed to protecting our country from terrorists.
3)a) Careful or cautious about things
b) not given to flamboyancy.
2) The conservative politcal commentator started attacking liberal policies, but his facts were not very good.
3)a) We need to be conservative with our firewood so it doesn't run out.
b) That's a very conservative outfit you're wearing for that job interview.
2. A liberal when it comes to the economy. Though individuals are barred from making various personal choices, businesses may do whatever they want with no repercussions.
3. One who is quite familiar with the concept of "Majority Rules" but is unable to understand the concept of "Minority Rights" (the premise that bars the majority from voting to restrict the rights of the minority).
4. An individual who claims to value the constitution above all else, but in reality is willing to suspend all amendments for any reason related to national security (except for the 2nd).
5. A black-and-white thinker. Conservatives think largely in absolutes, ignoring the various social, cultural, and economic nuances that define an issue.
2. Conservative view: Though same-sex couples are destroying America, oil speculators may drive up gas prices for their own personal profit; whatever that may do to the economy.
3. Conservative view: George W. Bush won 51% of the vote in 2004. Republicans now have a "mandate" to do whatever they want without considering the opinions of the remaining 49% of Americans.
4. Conservative view: You can be held indefinitely if deemed a potential terrorist without being charged or provided a lawyer, regardless of what the constitution says. A father may keep his loaded handgun within reach of his toddler because of what the constitution can be construed to say.
5. Conservative view: Our schools are underperforming. It must be the teachers. Pay them less.