Running with a completely streamlined skeletoned system of equipment and hardware that's not kept up to date with modern firmware or standards whatsoever, nothing is ever working the way it's intended and if anything goes wrong expect to be ignored until it starts working again, which can take hours if not days at a time.
Line signal strength is a joke and overtaxed during peak hours so if you're neighbor is looking up porn while you wish to game online expect frequent lag and disconnections. Switching stations have no stand by systems or backups in place so if anything on the Comcast service network goes down you have no services, such as Television, Internet and Phone.
2. Comcast is down, better call it in to complain... oh wait, Comcast also provides the phone, and since the service is down the phone isn't working.
3. Customer service has had me on hold for hours! They must not have any staff to handle anything because they expect no one to call when the service is down because it disables the customer's phone! Guess they don't realize we still have cellphones! Oh I just got through... nope they don't speak English and promptly hung up on me!
4. I've just pinged the local switching station's IP and I'm getting not half the rate for which I'm paying for their supposed "high-speed" internet... customer service tells me that I'm paying for "up-to" a certain speed. I'm thinking about only paying "up-to" a certain amount of my fucking bill! Fuck Comcast, I'm cancelling this shit!
2) Makes you pay 85 bux a month to get the good channels.
3) A reason to go with TiVo, Direct TV, Sattelite or anything else that isn't comcast.
4) A company built on lies.
5) A company that has no customer services
2) Comcast said it was my fault for everything that went wrong with the cable, even though they were the ones who set it up.
3) Comcast Internet is good but I would go with qwest DSL just so I can escape them.
The initial benefits of Comcast wear off quickly. The seemingly useful TV Guide menu is pointless when the shows they display are incorrect. Plus, you can just go the TV Guide website, channel, or magazine. OnDemand doesn't even work. So it's not really "on demand", at all. Most of the shows on it either sucks or you have to pay for it, which doesn't make sense considering there's websites that broadcast all of your favorite shows for free. The HD channels rarely work either. So this is what I'm paying seventy dollars a month for...
Person B: Comcast. It sucks.
Person A: Really? At least you have OnDemand.
Person B: Yeah... every few days I do.
Me: FUCKING SHIT FUCK ASS COCK FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU
My Friends: Oh you have comcast dont you