- You do not understand music.
- You only listen to emo/ screamo which is in fact not even music, but merely audio recordings of sad pooftas wearing eye-liners screaming about how shit their lives are.
- You only listen to raps, which admittedly have several good songs, but otherwise many high-school students listen to it because they either do not understand music, or think it makes them tough.
- You constantly have dicks filling your ears making unable to hear Chris Martin (the lead singer), and the band itself.
Their albums, Parachute, A rush of blood to the head, X&Y and Viva La vida, are must-haves to complete any musical compilations.
Normal kid: Dude, your ears are filled with dicks. You probably can't hear me but you can't call anything lame, least of all Coldplay.
30yrs old man whose musical knowledge extends only to baa baa blacksheep: What's this Coldplay business? it nothing like what my mum sings to me at home.
The man who understands music: Boy, you have problems....
Coldplay gets a lot of crap from people who dislike them. It's either you love Coldplay or you hate Coldplay. However, Coldplay writes very philosophical lyrics and people complain and say that they want to be the next U2, but they sound nothing like U2, but they sound like Radiohead, but both bands are still stellar.
Chris Martin is currently the poster child for the Make Trade Fair charities and for OXFAM.
also common -
2) get/be coldplayed: to be the object or victim of someone else's ripoff scheme.
"Yeah? It'd be a lot more epic if they hadn't coldplayed the entire melody line and chord progression straight from Joe Satriani's 'If I Could Fly'. "
2) "Damn, I love that remake of Kraftwerk's 'Computer Love' don't you?"
"Well, sadly it's actually not Kraftwerk, they just got coldplayed."