For example, native colonies who are kind and loving to each other, respect nature by giving back what they take, living in harmony with nature and the seasons, should be considered civilized. Whereas people who attack other countries and destroy their culture, exploit the Earth and destroy it, ignore their poor, kill their own unborn babies and even make it legal, spread pollution everywhere, showing greed instead of kindness and compassion, should be considered an uncivilized people. The classic example of an uncivilized nation, with all of the above savagery and barbaric behavior patterns, is America.
2) A large group of people who share a common culture.
3) Created by Sid Meier, a series of turn-based strategy computer games which charges the player with doing (1) to create a world dominant (2). Highly addictive and widely played. Used unwisely, causes the Civilization affect, which has ruined many careers.
2) One thousand years later, the descendents of those savages had formed a set of morals and beliefs distinct from their fellows.
3) One of those descendents lost any and all hopes of becoming a dentist through the use of Civilization.
2. An abstraction developed by human beings which falsely assumes that the cumulative result of all collective actions engaged in by a majority of said humans actually means something.