We've had a growing socio-democratic uprising :) (i.e. Minority Conservative thanx to the NDP PARTY)
We have ppl of every corner of the earth, the longest street in the world, the highest freestand structure int he world... wheat lol, same sex marriages (altho i'm atheist and think marriage is stupid, it still shows that canadians are advanced in the social science field), and we have SNOW (yes it CAN be cold, but the spring and summer are the rewards for the going thru it) and Canada is world-renowned for it's beautiful nature (trees' leaves changing colour in the fall, the snow lol etc.).
The ppl are generally... indifferent/non-chalant towards life, in my point of view. I live in Toronto, and that's what I see. IT WOULDN'T KILL TO SAY HI TO SOMEONE. or smile.. everyone on the subway looks sad and to themselves or just pist off, it's pretty depressing at times. We should embrace our characteristic as being a liberal, ppl-loving nation and ACTUALLY be more friendly.
And as the first definition in this forum stated: Canada has invented quite a handful of sports, and we are unique.
P.S. What the English did to the native americans when they came and took Canada was unforgivable... and shouldn't be forgotten. Also, with many of the minorities, we should actually teach them english and/or french when they first come here, we should actually hire the doctors, nurses, engineers etc after the graduate from uni/college etc... AND we should enforce learning French from the kindergarten... we would be bilingual from the start, and have our third, and fourth languages (since most canadians are from other countries or descendants from them)
The gov't doesn't seem to care that we have so many professionals, that's why they all move to the US;
That's what I think would make Canada alot better than it is right now.
I love Canada, and want to see it fluorish, we can EASILY overcome the US... causing Mexico to follow, we would both leave NAFTA and make our own Latino/White/Melting Pot relationship! I LOVE IT
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down
4. Baseball is Canadian
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass
10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass
11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed
the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure..
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to
13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere.
14. Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American
mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.
16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.
22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
23. A Canadian invented Superman.
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!
Oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.
I am not a lumber jack or a fur trader,
and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dog sled,
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzie from Canada although I am certain they're really, really nice, uh,
I have a Prime Minster not a president,
I speak English and French, not American,
and I pronounce it about, not a boot,
I can proudly sew my country's flag on my back pack,
I believe in peace keeping, not policing, diversity, not assimilation,
and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch.
And it is pronounced zed, not zee, zed.
Canada is the second largest landmass,
the first nation of hockey,
and the best part of North America.
Canada: I love you too, America!!
1)We both use maple syrup like crazy.(We have something called IHOP)
2)We both play hockey (personally I dont)
3)We both buy and sell products with each other
4)We both have thousands of hypocritical asses who post their intellectually devoid "insults" on urbandictionary.com
I don't think they are weak at all. I earnestly hope that the United States and Canada shall become allies. I would be proud, as well as millions of other Americans, to have them as close friends.