California is to the United States as Italy is to Europe.
Both have the following features:
- completely dysfunctional government
- too much debt
- declining economy
- endemic corruption
- beautiful landscapes and coastlines
- agriculture: olives, wine, citrus fruits, cheese, tomatoes
- natives feel it is important to look good
- natives drive like maniacs in heavy traffic but somehow avoid running into each other
- too many illegal immigrants
- rich people with mansions on a cliff overlooking the ocean
- earthquakes and volcanoes
- nice weather, hot in the summer, rain in the winter
- skiing in the mountains
- swarmed by tourists in the summer
- Western movies are filmed there
Video: good looking guy or gal with a tan, wearing sunglasses and a very nice shirt, talking on cell phone while driving, says "Ciao", hangs up, changes lanes abruptly. They drive through a run down suburb populated mostly by olive-skinned people with black hair. They drive towards the mountains. The sunlight is dazzling. The landscape is hilly and dry. The car is a BMW 3-series.
Observer A: that must be Italy
Observer B: no, the buildings are new. It is California.
1. State the produces more food than anywhere else, has crazy night life, large schools, hot women, a load of stuff to do, and a the longest beach anybody has ever seen.
2. A place you'll want to stay in once you visit get there.
3. Extremely diverse.
3. Much more entertaining than Texas.
A state where it takes an hour to get from the beach to the snowcapped mountains.
What did you do today in california?
I surfed and went snowboarding
1. Good Weather
2. Great Beaches
3. Hot People
4. Home to Orange County
5. Usually made fun of by people in land-locked states with shitty weather and ugly hicks who fantasize about fucking the cast of "the o.c."
you wish you had the terminator as your governor
Best state ever. Makes every other state look like crap
Our governer can kick your governers ass.
Extremely diverse place, you can find all kinds of people here. rich Republicans from Orange County, crime-ridden areas in South Central LA, rednecks, white trash in Riverside and San Bernardino County, surfers and hot girls along the coastal cities, beautiful but somewhat dangerous city of San Francisco, one of the best cities in the world San Diego, and great scenary in the Northern area, desert wasteland in Death Valley and Arizona border...
California is the weirdest state in US
land that endures the verbal abuse of other states and nations while still welcoming the dreams and aspirations of other states and nations. Impossible to stereotype, yet often the subject of the crulest stereotypes.
Born and raised in California - I have never hugged a tree, and neither criticise others who do.
my favorite place in the world!
"i can't wait to move back to california!"