Both have the following features:
- completely dysfunctional government
- too much debt
- declining economy
- endemic corruption
- beautiful landscapes and coastlines
- agriculture: olives, wine, citrus fruits, cheese, tomatoes
- natives feel it is important to look good
- natives drive like maniacs in heavy traffic but somehow avoid running into each other
- too many illegal immigrants
- rich people with mansions on a cliff overlooking the ocean
- earthquakes and volcanoes
- nice weather, hot in the summer, rain in the winter
- skiing in the mountains
- swarmed by tourists in the summer
- Western movies are filmed there
Observer A: that must be Italy
Observer B: no, the buildings are new. It is California.
2. A place you'll want to stay in once you visit get there.
3. Extremely diverse.
3. Much more entertaining than Texas.
2. Great Beaches
3. Hot People
4. Home to Orange County
5. Usually made fun of by people in land-locked states with shitty weather and ugly hicks who fantasize about fucking the cast of "the o.c."