This game is predominantly played on major servers such as, ICC (Internet Chess Club and FICS (Free Internet Chess Server); far more so on the latter mentioned server, though. The game is highly addictive, mentally draining, stressful, life and mood altering, and flat-out FUN!
The best way to describe it is for you to come play for yourself!
Partner Tell's (Actual voiced tells that were recorded by one of the OG's of Bughouse Chess, WhoAmI...
- Dear God They Suck
- Lag Cheating Fuckers
- I'm Finger Focking Him
Other descriptive terms:
- King Walking - (Evading mate, typically against lower rated players) by walking your king across the board.
- I sit - (Using time advantage to win an otherwise loss or losing position.
- FEED ME - Partner has crushing position IF you (his partner) are able to trade many pieces to add to his bank.
- Piece Bank - Pieces not on the board, but available to drop on the board when your turn.
- Drop - Ability to take a piece from the bank, and drop on any legal square. (Rules of regular chess still apply). You can not drop a pawn ON the promotion square, but you may do so on the 7th or 2nd ranks.
A commonly shared point of view amongst the players is that: "Points = Life" This is in regards to your rating.
Some current, notable players and a few legendary players:
- DragonSlayr (retired)
- WhoAmI (Founding GodFarther-like and retired)
and many, many more...
Bughouse has spawned such brilliant insults as:
"I'll castle your queen-side."
"How about a free king?"
"Oh my fucking God. He played e5."
"Ah. The double sit. Classic."