1. The political change of the United States in favor of liberalism.
2. A commercial expansion pack for the popular computer game Half-Life that is commonly mocked with the name "Blue Shit". In my opninion, it is a good expansion that gets lots of hate for being a little too short. It also included the high definition pack for Half-Life and Half-Life: Opposing force which enchanced the graphics with new 3D models.
1. There is a blue shift in washington going on
2. I just got Blue Shift and the high def pack.
The increase in the frequency of starlight because of the Doppler shift. If a yellow star is moving toward you, it's light will appear slightly bluish. In outer space, blue shifted galaxies are rare. Blue shift can also be created by shrinking the space between two points via gravity or space warps.
Red shift is more common than blue shift because most objects in our expaning universe are moving away from us.
An excuse to talk your way out of a ticket for running a red light. Unfortunately, your speeding ticket will be astronomical.
(If you don't get it, you're probably not going to get it.
Maybe look it up in a real dictionary first).
Officer: May I see your license and registration sir?
* you hand him the materials *
Officer: Do you realize that you were speeding and ran a red light?
You: Well, I'll admit to speeding but I'm not sure about the red light.
Officer: It sure looked red to me!
You: Not to me! Maybe I was going fast enough such that the blue shift rendered the... what I'm assuming was a red light... Blue! (or more conservatively, yellow).
Officer: I suppose it's all relative.
n. The political change of the United States in favor of liberalism.
(this makes reference to the red states being pro-GOP, and the Blue, pro-Dems)
See Red Shift
FDR marked a long period of Blue Shift. He won four elections, and created the liberal/'liberal' media, depending on your opinion, and at his death, nearly all of the federal judges in the supreme and apellate judges were appointed by him.