noun: Commonly used to describe a female who is under the legal age of consent, but shows a great deal of potential. Over time, the marketwise male will score big, cashing in on the Blue Chip.
Alternately: Blue Chipper
Man, this party is stacked full of Blue Chips!
Yeah, bro. Time to prospect the market.
Let's do this! I'm not leaving 'til I get me a Blue Chip.
A high-quality, relatively low-risk investment; the term usually refers to stocks of large, well-established companies that have performed well over a long period.
I just put $500 on some good GE
blue chip stock
1. Referring to something that has a high chance of returning and exceeding the original investment made, especially financially.
2. An athlete that is particularly talented, and will most likely do well in the next level, usually used to refer to high school players entering the college level.Noun
1. A token that is a color of blue used in gambling; it is usually round and given the value of ten.
1. It makes good sense in an economic decline to only invest in "blue chip" stocks, companies that have been around for a while, have shown a growth in profit even with this depression, and that one believes will be around when they retire.
2. This basketball player is consider to be a "blue chip" point guard; because, he broke many of the state records for both offense and defense in his position, lead his team to multiple state championships, shows good knowledge for the game, and has a good attitude about him.
1. Ten white chips equals one "blue chip."
When a college tries to bribe star highschool athletes to joining their team. This comes either in the form of a fat check, several fat checks, a nice ride, some incentives and so forth.
Funny how Terry rolled up in a new SUV when his family can barely afford their house bills.
A standout basketball prodigy recruit
Shaq was a blue chip in his days at LSU.
Term normally reserved for high priced stocks
from major companies. Also can be used to
describe a hot girl or guy.
hey dog! ol' girl is blue chip fa sho!