A person (usually young) who participates in all or most of the following:
1. Spending large amounts of time posting entries on his/her blog (usually a blogspot or wordpress blog) about things no one other than them cares about.
2. Tries any way possible to get others to read his/her blog.
3. Posts comments on every blog he/she comes across in hopes that other bloggers will find and comment on his/her blog.
4. Uses their blog to advance other areas of his/her life, such as relationships, positions in work, social status, or anything else.
Blogwhores can come in different categories, the most notable of these include:
- The activist blogwhore, who will post about 20 entries a day revolving around news articles which support his/her political views and/or desperately crying for others to care about his/her favorite political cause.
- The gamer blogwhore, who posts a new entry every time he/she advances in an online game or MMORPG.
- The slutty blogwhore, whose posts are just images of her showing her assets to any willing male.
- The homeschool mom blogwhore, who truly believes others think her kids are as valuable members of society as she does and posts in the mindframe as such.
- The Jesusfreak blogwhore, whose posts are mainly Bible entries or what he/she saw on The 700 Club last night.
- The pop culture blogwhore, whose blog is dedicated to their favorite movies, bands, TV shows, and websites. Usually, this person tries to come across as some all-knowing pop culture guru, even though his/her blog is nothing different from Entertainment Weekly.
- The emo/scene blogwhore, whose posts are either lyrics to their favorite emo song at the moment, photoshopped photos of him/her, or rants about how mommy and daddy won't let his/her 16-year old jailbait ass stay out past midnight.
Ruthie the blogwhore posts to her blogger/blogspot blog at least twice a day and spends most of her time reading and commenting on the blogs of others. No wonder 99% of her friends are people from the internet.
A person who addictively writes in his/her online journal and reads or comments in others'.
I had to defriend that crazy blogwhore because every time I checked my friends page, every other entry was hers -- and it was stupid shit like memes and how much she hates Dubya.