A person who is capable of having physical, romantic or physical attractions to people of both geneders. Contrary to popular belief, being bisexual does NOT mean that someone is equally attracted to both genders. And bisexuality is not just a phase. People who believe so are biphobic as well as ignorant. Some immature people may pretend to be bi for attention, that is NOT true bisexuality.
Being bisexual can be really complicated, trust me. If you are attracted to the opposite gender your whole life, and suddenly one day you find yourself lusting after someone of the same gender, it can be really confusing sometimes. If one of your friends tells you that they are bi...just give them support and don't go around telling everybody you know. As I mentioned earlier, some people are biphobic. :(
Synonyms Include: 'bi', 'ambisextrous', 'purple', 'going both ways', 'swinging both ways', 'bending both ways', 'batting for both teams', and 'drinking from both taps', to name a few.
1. Key: All the bi's (mispronounciation of 'guys') are playing baseball in the field!
Me: Except me.
2. Keeks: So, were you born that way?
Me: Yup, I naturally drink from both taps.
3. I believe that I am bisexual. I am attracted to people of both genders, though I myself prefer girls. For me, the crushes I have on guys and girls feel different somehow. When I like a guy, all I see is his face - I never look at his body at all, and I could care less if he is short or tall or skinny or if he has abs or not as long as he's not morbidly obese or totally anorexic. For girls, it's different. While I do focus mostly on a person's face in general, I actually SEE girl's bodies as being attractive. I especially love their curves...;)
I AM PURPLE AND PROUD OF IT!!! :D BISEXUALS FTW!!
A sexual orientation meaning someone is sexually and/or emotionally attracted to either the male or female.
Does not generally mean they are overly-sexed, confused about their sexual preference, trying to hide their true sexuality or sleep around with anyone they can find.
Bisexulality is quickly becoming more and more common - although often still used in derogatory terms, i.e. to portray slutty behaviour - as people become more open with their sexuality. It doesn't always mean they enjoy both sexes equally.
It is often more accepted in females, although that can also mean they might be thought of as 'easy'.
Katinka, although currently with a boyfriend, has once before dated a woman. Even though she has only been with one woman, she prefers to think of herself as bisexual, as she might be with another.
1. a person that will engage in either a homosexual or heterosexual relationship. BUT THERE IS A PREFERENCE: having no preference at all is called pansexual. True bisexuals will go either way, but for the fact that they enjoy certain aspects of that gender (ex. penis, vagina...). pansexuals actually don't care at all and take no care in physical aspects, they only care about emotional. don't confuse the 2.
2. what bisexual isn't:
- over-sexed individuals looking to hump anything and EVERYTHING
- teenage girls that will make out with other girls so they can look "hot"
- whores (save a few of us)
-confused. there's a difference between being gay/lesbian/bisexual and being confused. teenagers just need to chillax...
1. "Hey, is he still going out with his girlfriend?"
"Nah, he dumped her for his new boyfriend."
"Is he gay?!"
"Nah, man, he's bisexual."
2. "Did you see her making out with that chick?!?!"
"She's bi, dude! That's so fecking hot!"
"Dude, she's straight, and her desperate attempts are obviously working..."
someone who is attracted to both male and female genders. They are not sex crazed. It is wrong for guys to hit on bisexual girls just because they've made out with other girls.
Im bisexual, you wanna make something of it? :)
A person of any gender who has the potential to be attracted to both males and females. This does not mean that they are:
1) trying to attract attention
2) not-quite out of the closet as gay/lesbian
4) about to be unfaithful in any way.
A bisexual person has the potential to be attracted to either gender. This doesn't mean that they will be incomplete without regular sex with both genders; it's more of a potential energy thing rather than kinetic. It's also an emotional/romantic thing, not just about sex.
Although some members of the gay/lesbian community look down upon bisexuals, it's just as real and valid as any other sexual orientation.
Abigail had a crush on Naomi for a while, but then got together with Aaron, where she is perfectly happy and on her way to falling in love. She is bisexual.
People who, sexually, get the best of both worlds!
Alannah was bisexual so she got the best of both worlds from her boyfriend and her female "friends"
person, male or female, who is sexually attracted to both men and women
a bisexual is like a like a bicycle- rolling on both ends... of the sexual spectrum