1. The type of songs with lyrics that describe a male social outcast who in the end of the song may or may not win the popular babe he secretly crushes on.
2. Songs that describe beta male's in-your-face rebellion towards social stereotyping or alpha people.
3. Songs that profess a beta male's secret love to a girl of higher social status or simply, a girl he likes but knows he can't have; most commonly, his long-time girl bestfriend.
4. Songs that profess beta male's eternal love for his girlfriend or mom or grandmom or his buddies or his dad - whatever works.
5. songs that describe a beta male as his girl's "shoulder to cry on"
6. songs that describe a beta male's frustration over his relationship with a girl who's full of herself and does not value beta male's greatness.
1. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
2. Pork and Beans - Weezer
3. Gimme A Chance - Plain White T's
4. 1234 - Plain White T's
5. Kelsey - Metro Station
6. Annabelle - A Rocket To The Moon