A person who truly enjoys a variety of beer. Whether the beer comes from an enormous company or the tiniest brew pub. A beer geek often enjoys multiple styles of beer. A beer geek can be distinguished from a beer snob
because a beer geek will not look down on people for their choice of beer even if it comes from Bud, Miller, Coors, Milwaukee's Best or Pabst. In fact most beer geeks have a favorite American Style lager, that they enjoy as well as Imperial Stouts, India Pale Ales, Vienna Lagers, Brown Ales, Barleywines etc. Beer Geeks generally don't expect folks to drink what they drink.
I am a beer geek, so even though I drink a lot of local beer and Belgian beer I don't make fun of people for drinking Bud and I'm not above drinking it myself.
1) One who is a drinker of rare, fine and expensive beer who obsessively hovers around pale lager drinkers, to cast disparaging looks and grate on them with supercilious remarks. He has little real life and few friends, flies out to Dark Lord Day, and never drinks the same beer more than once.
2) A sensible person who is not content to just swill his head in a bucket of Miller or Coors Lite as a victim of advertising, personal gullibility and total lack of imagination or taste.
3) A reasonably balanced person who enjoys drinking, collecting and trading well-made beer, and who likes being social with others who share these and other, wider interests. Is sometimes keen on beer festivals, events, trades and bottle sharings, while creating social bonds with others who share his or her passionate hobby.
1) The greasy-looking Beer Geek paraded around his chalice of "Weasel Poop Bourbon Stout" and simpered at all the guests drinking pale lagers.
2) Due to the extremely high radon content in the bad shipment of pale lager everyone died except Tim the Beer Geek.
3) Tina met her fiancée Tim on Facebook after a mutual friend told her he was a Beer Geek and Maiden fan, just like her.