Barry-cade (or Barrycade)
A barrier or barricade put up outside open-air national parks and monuments by the Obama administration during the partial government shutdown in late 2013. The barriers allegedly cost more to put up than having done nothing, which was ironic when the government supposedly had less money to spend during the shutdown. It also seemed to demonstrate they were unnecessarily put up by orders from the Obama administration in efforts to "make the American people feel more pain" and in hopes of demonizing congress and the GOP.
Who wants to go see Mt. Rushmore this weekend?
We can't, Barry (Obama) had Barry-cades put up in hopes of pissing people off.
1. A barrier (usually temporary) that exists for no reason. 2. A barrier erected for political reasons.
"Dude, Obama barrycaded the park."
"Hey, let's put up some barrycades to keep those World War II veterans away from the open-air World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C., in order to try and score some cheap political points."
1) Yet another in a long line of weak attempts by right-wing hacks to blame President Obama for something he had nothing to do with. Even worse, the Republicans in congress had planned the government shutdown all along. By holding funding for government services hostage, they hoped to derail the Affordable Care Act, and foolishly assumed Obama would vote to defund his signature legislative accomplishment. But it backfired. Public opinion turned against the GOP just as it did during the 1996 shutdown, and they had no choice but to fold under the mounting pressure. So to save face, they decided to do what they do best, blame Obama.
2) A term to describe the continual Republican-led effort in congress to obstruct anything and everything proposed by President Obama, even small stuff like the President's judicial nominees.
1) Republicans: "Let's shut everything down and then call it a Barrycade so everyone thinks it's Obama's fault!"
2) To date, the Barrycade in congress has blocked 82 Obama nominees, nearly as many as all other presidents combined.
put up near national monuments because Republicans
shut down the Government. Because they can't stand to see our great black President succeed.
Now, the selfish, lying Republicans are blaming the Barrycades
on Obama too. And dumb people are listening, instead of getting the facts. Republicans and teabagger
, teabilly, racist liars need to get to work and stop ruining the country because they can't deal with a black man in the White House
Republicans have Barrycaded national monuments to embarrass the President and confuse people, like veterans.
By NyxNyx Octover 13, 2013
Resubmitted by a good samaritan after it was unjustly deleted by far-right trolls. Google cache is amazing :)