Method steps -
1. Gather a bunch of charts from online
2. Deductively link a path through the data that seems smart but never uses scientific fact
3. Get as many people on board with your philosophical concept
4. Come back with your people to beat down any and intimidate any one who does not agree with your idea that uses data and equations
5. If you are new to the company say you don't know how the people before you came up with it.
6. Plan ahead for the presentation to strongly shut up anyone who may start to point out facts by stating "We can go on for a long time in great detail about that, but that's for another time" or say "There is so much to that discussion we need to put together a presentation for another date to address that"
-I don't know what I am doing with engineering so I am going to bandwagon-engineer my idea to management.