1. A high school band. These tend to be tight-knit groups of kids who all either love or hate what they do. Their shows tend to show great musical skill and/or choreography.
2. A rock band. These tend to be tight-knit groups of people who all either love their music or the money they earn from it. Their shows are either dull or explosive.
The drummers often are seen as incrediably stupid, flutes are often seen as annoying or useless (much to my regret), and the list of instumental steriotypes could continue forever.
High school bands do a variety of activities. We march in parades, we perform concerts, sell candy bars to fund band trips, we perform in regional contests, and always have a good time!
Most people see band geeks as strange, abnormal, and/or worthless beings not worthy of existance. However, I say this to all who has insulted a band geek: Who is it that plays at your football amd basket ball games? Who is it that plays for pep assemblies/rallies?
Don't make fun of band geeks, they make the band. Especially floutists or they'll play a vicious high G just for you!
2. A cluster of 60+ incredibly perverted yet amazingly hilarious high school students
3. Consists of Woodwinds, Brass, and Percussion
4. Where you are cool if you can play a piccolo AND a contra
5. A group of people who actually KNOW what fortissimo means
6. People in band can only count to FOUR, unless it's marching season, in which case they can usually count to 32
7. People in band also can't say the alphabet past letter "g"
8. The thing that completely consumes your life
9. The greatest thing any human being can ever experience
2. HAHAHA that was so funny!
3. Percussion Kicks Brass!!
4. person a: I can play the piccolo AND the contra
group of onlookers: ooooooooo
5. person a: lets play fortissimo and see what the director says
person b: what a good idea!
6. One.... two.... three.... four.... uhm.....
7. abcdefg... what comes next?
8. person a: you wanna come to the movies tonight?
person b: sorry, I have band practice
person a: what about the mall this weekend?
person b: I have a marching band competition
person a: I guess I'll see you around then?
person b: I doubt it. I have to practice for District Band
9. GO BAND
2) Organization of dedicated individuals who suffer heat, emotional pain, exhaustion, and terrible tan lines all for the sake of music
3) Brothers and sisters of a different parents with the same passion for music
"Marching band...It's a PE credit...that counts!"
Bobette: I can't, I have Band