is either in the highest band or cried when they didn't make the highest band
goes to the band room at least 4 times a day (before school, band, during lunch, and after school. Sometimes they go there for no reason other than it's a habit and they feel better in the band room than any other place at school)
doesn't talk to non band people, much less date non band people because they can't function in a socially acceptable way according to the rest of the school
has the maturity level of a 5 year old, or maybe a 7 year old on good days
enjoys nerf guns (bring your nerf gun to pit day <3), light sabers, and capes
willingly spends 9 hours a day outside playing the same four songs over and over and learning how to walk
calls their drum majors and directors mommy/daddy to their faces
is very touchy
happily gives up their lunch 3 times a week for band related things
loves their section unless there is a solo/it is close to auditions
is scarily smart but uses their smartness in a funny way
is involved in every band thing possible
hangs out with band kids on the weekends and spends most of the time talking about specific measure numbers of the songs they are working on
finds ways to incorporate band/marching band into school presentations
embraces the fact that marching band/band is called a cult because it is a cult and they love it and can't image their lives without it
'normal' kid: hey. I'm tired. I hate life.
'normal' kid: hey. Me too. School sucks
band geek: *walks into band room, gets shot by nerf gun* Oh hey guys! So I was practicing last night and at measure 47...
Known to date other "band geeks," roll their feet outside of band, generally have random and/or strange thought processes, are generally some of the coolest and most talented people ever, while some are quite possible the scariest people ever.
Not to be confused with "orch dorks" or "choir queers"
1. When you lay in a three-pointed star (three people) on the floor of the band room in the dark composing music
2. When the members of your particular instrument stick to each other like glue (and the teacher thinks you all are attached by a string).
3. When you find yourself loudly humming your music as you walk down the hallway to another class.
4. When you end up teaching little 6 month old babies to play their first scale.
5. When you memorize your music and talk about how cool a piece of music is to anyone who's willing to listen.
6. When you miss band class and actually look forward to it as the highlight of your day.
7. When you witness the above actions in every day life and no longer think that its weird.
See also: band nerd and band dork
Other Band Geeks: (nod approvingly)
1. plays one or more musical instruments well (see bisectional)
2. eats, lives, sleeps in bandroom
3. considers band the most important class of day and frequently skips other classes to go to it
4. Has CPS (chronic playing syndrome) but does not suffer, rather enjoys every minute
5. Dates exclusivly band (or other musical: e.g. chorus) people
6. Understands band jokes
7. 99% chance of a horribly peverted mind
8. Worships band director/ drum major as god/jesus
9. Is in marching band and loves it more than life itself
10. has seen a lot of the other people in band and guard
11. IS INCREDIBLY AWESOME/COOL!
I'm such a band geek, I'm at school 2 hours before it starts, 4 days a week so I can be in jazz band, have advanced band every day in 5th period, and on Wed. I have sax lessons!