1. Someone who continually talks about band to whoever would listen, whether it is complaining or bragging. As long as it's about band then they're happy.
2. Someone who sits at the "band table" in the school lunchroom with their other band geek friends.
3. Someone who calls the band room their home, and have cried at the end of every school year because when the seniors graduate it's like losing some of their own family members.
4. Someone who knows that the football field was really made for marching band, because they're the only people who do something good on the field.
5. Someone who can turn just about anything dirty because of all the innuendos you can have with playing an instrument.
6. If you had drumsticks you could be entertained for hours by just playing that music you have running through your head.
Band Geek Innuendos:
What position is that?
Do you want to practice tonguing after school?
Don't blow too hard into your instrument.
You need to finger that better.
I could bang on that drum all day.
A person involved in band who enjoys it so much that they constantly have band on their minds.
Known to date other "band geeks," roll their feet outside of band, generally have random and/or strange thought processes, are generally some of the coolest and most talented people ever, while some are quite possible the scariest people ever.
Not to be confused with "orch dorks" or "choir queers"
Those Eastmont band geeks are the bomb dizzle. Not to mention hot.
Used here as a verb.
1. When you lay in a three-pointed star (three people) on the floor of the band room in the dark composing music
2. When the members of your particular instrument stick to each other like glue (and the teacher thinks you all are attached by a string).
3. When you find yourself loudly humming your music as you walk down the hallway to another class.
4. When you end up teaching little 6 month old babies to play their first scale.
5. When you memorize your music and talk about how cool a piece of music is to anyone who's willing to listen.
6. When you miss band class and actually look forward to it as the highlight of your day.
7. When you witness the above actions in every day life and no longer think that its weird.
See also: band nerd
and band dork
Band Geek: (moves the hands of the 6 month baby) Bb, C, D, Eb, F, G, A, Bb! There! You just play your very first scale!
Other Band Geeks: (nod approvingly)
1. plays one or more musical instruments well (see bisectional
2. eats, lives, sleeps in bandroom
3. considers band the most important class of day and frequently skips other classes to go to it
4. Has CPS
(chronic playing syndrome) but does not suffer, rather enjoys every minute
5. Dates exclusivly band (or other musical: e.g. chorus) people
6. Understands band jokes
7. 99% chance of a horribly peverted mind
8. Worships band director/ drum major as god/jesus
9. Is in marching band and loves it more than life itself
10. has seen a lot of the other people in band and guard
11. IS INCREDIBLY AWESOME/COOL!
I am a band geek. I play in 3 ensembles I'm bisectional.
The best people in the world. Hang out in the bandrom constantly-like their santuary. Extremely talented and intelligent, and know how to have fun! Weird; but in a good way
1)a band member, one that does field shows
2)A person who enjoys 8 hours bus trips to go and walk around a football field
3)a kid that knows what's good in life
One who spends all there time in the band room, and calls it there home away from home.
I am a total band geek because I love band!
Band geeks are the coolist people you could ever know. The band room is their home away from home, they're there in the morning before school, when they should be in their other classes, for band, and after school. They often are in many different bands such as marching band, jazz band, and concert band. They go to every football and basketball game, not to watch their school teams win, but to be in pep band and often times play better than the sports teams. They usualy date other band geeks, or orch dorks, and hate those chior kids.
Those band geeks play better than the football team.
I'm such a band geek, I'm at school 2 hours before it starts, 4 days a week so I can be in jazz band, have advanced band every day in 5th period, and on Wed. I have sax lessons!