A person (typicallyfrom Baltimore) who has one or more of the following qualities:
1) Has 3 or more colors in their hair
2) Wears T-shirts like dresses
3) Wears all their money in their mouth
4) Has earrings that spell out their ghetto name
5) Wears combat boots with capris
the list goes on and on....
Look at that bama over there with the high topped fade.
Originated from Black youth in Washington DC.
1. Original meaning was "cant dress well" or "fashion misfit"
2. Now the word has a more general use meaning "person", as how Whites use "Dude"
1. That bama wearing a coat in the summer
2. Tell bama to meet me at the store.
a bama is a wack ass person is a busta every one in DC knows what this word means but its hard to put a definiton on it
damn you look like a straight bama is that outfit
Originally, a Bama was a southerner (from Alabama, for instance) trying to blend in up north, but was so obviously country that it didn't work.
Now it's more general and just means something funny-looking, unsophisticated or country as hell.
"Why is dude still wearing BUM Equipment? That's some Bama shit!"
A slang, typically used in the D.C. metropolitan area, meaning uncool. It can also descrbe a person who is uncool.
"That girl looks like a straight-up bama in those shoes."
one who is out of style ie fashion, speech, or behavior,
That bama got on high waters
word originally from DC used to refer to a hot mess, someone funny looking who can't dress, or is wearing every color on the rainbow.
guy 1 - damn young! look at that bama across the street
guy 2- ayo you lookin like a bama today son
To acquire something for free, or with little-to-no effort, whether it be by stealing, conning, or given to you.
"Say, man, where'd you get that new phone?"
"I 'bama'd it from some 'ol lady last week."
"Did you know you can bama that shit on the real if you tell 'em you ain't make no money?"