A baller was originally used to describe a Pro Basketball Player but how it refers to this context is what those playes do with thier money. They come back to thier old neighborhoods and spend thier money where they feel the most comfortable which is excess compared to the people who still live in the community. $10,000 bar bills in a local club, $5,000 shoes for a community dance $200,000 car in a neighborhood where the average value of a car is about $7,500 and the aveage age is 6-7 years old. There are men were formally poor but who have found ways to make large amounts of money $75,000yr or more but prefer to spend it among partying with the poor where they shine because of thier new found wealth than with the rich where they are shunned because of thier pedigree or color. A baller most accurately describes a man with money who likes to spend it. One who has accumulated wealth in a Roth IRA and shops at Wal-Mart for everything and is cheap when he goes out to party is not a baller. He may be wealthy but he is not a baller. A baller only applies to someone with a net income of $75,000yr or more and signs of his wealth are visible. Aston Martin Vanguish, brand new 7 series BMW, house worth more that $350,000 and he flaunts it (tastefully) among people who are not as fortunate and becomes a celebrity of sorts.
Woman: Hey baby, we can just take my car to the party. I don't think it will be a problem, will it?
Man: No baby, I am a baller. I have to represent (stay true to my reputation). We will take the silver Aston Martin.
word of the day: May 28, 2006
A thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large.
Pain is a part of the game when you're a baller.
Etymology: Middle English 'bal', from Old Norse 'bollr' and akin to Old High German 'balla'; combined with the commin suffix 'er' denoting one that does or performs (a specified action)
Therefore, a baller is, literally, 'one who balls'
Other connotations of the word include:
1. One who exhibits a consistent proficency at-, or exuberant love for the game of basketball.
2. One whose person has been fully and successfully established in numerous social circles (esp. one who is extremely popular with both the male and female members of any given social group)
3. One whose status in society has been earned by one's possession of "game" (that is, proficiency at the game of life)
1. Exhibiting those qualitites of a baller; not limited to the description of a person, 'baller' may be used to describe any place, thing or situation.
1. "Kobe Bryant... now THAT kid's a baller"
2. "Wanna be a baller, shot caller, twenty inch blades on the impala, caller getting laid tonight..."
3. "Hey yo! Don't let nobody else up in this booth. I see nothing but gansters up in here, I see nothing but ballers up in here..."
1. "This Sh*t is baller"
Suburbanation of 'Baller':
"Wow, that man is really quite 'on the ball'."
1. A person who plays, and is very successful in basketball.
2. A person who finds success and wealth. The source of income is usually unknown by others, but can tell wealth by the "baller's" attire and usually cocky attitude.
Did you see that baller who just sped by in that 'vette?
Livin large, with girls and money
Mike Z. and Derek L. are straight ballers
Appealing; cool; favorable; pimp; tight; anything that is good.
That is so damn baller!
a person with swag
anyone who has actually taken the time to add the definition for baller, is not a baller. (me included)