1. a male sibling.
2. a make friend that treats and loves you like a sibling.
I have 2 brothers, one is 9 and the other is 16.
My friend is more like a brother; he's always there for me and listens to me whenever I need him.
1). black guy
2.) common reference to having something (meaningful) in common. Used frequently to establish a KINSHIP with the salution.
3.) A (trade) UNION MEMBER recognized as such by another member of the same union or union local.
4.) A member of any (trade) union recognized as such by another union member (of any other trade union).
-------------------------------- - -------------------------------
1.) "Jimmy Hendrix was one psychedelic rock'n'roll BROTHER!
Lenny Kravitz is pretty cool, too."
2.) "Excuse me BROTHER, can you spare a dime?"
3.) "Hey BROTHER, when's the next union meeting?"
4.) "I see you're on strike BROTHER, and I won't cross a picket line.
This could be possibly one of the worst things a girl can say to a boy. At this point in your relationship with a girl, there is virtually no hope of you getting with her as a potential lover. You have just unknowingly taken the path of brotherhood and left behind the path of lovers. To all boys, be weary of your relationship with a girl before you end up in "brother territory".
jack: hey bro, I've been talking to Jill for a while now and tomorrow's her birthday. I think I have a shot at being her boyfriend!
mack: Watch out man.... I don't want you to end up as her brother
jack: WHAT? Oh shit... Whatever, she knows what's up
(Jack and Jill are alone together)
jack: Hey jill! I got you something. (pulls out present)
jill: AWWWWW, JACK! I LOVE YOU!
jack: *smiles* Jill, will you go ou....
jill: LIKE A BROTHER!
jill: you were saying something?
Someone you love and respect. A brother doesn't have to be a blood-related sibling.
Coming from a guys perspective in the Midwest, it is not often when a friend, relative or acquaintance calls me "brother", "bro" "brotha" or "broseph". Calling someone any of the those words is exactly like saying "I have positive feelings for you, and I love you, man." In a heterosexual, your-my friend-and-I-respect-you way.
For example, over the past year, the only time I called an acquaintance "brother, "bro" or "brotha" was when when I liked them, and thought of them as somebody pretty much love (for who they are)
Seth: "Happy birthday, brother."
Seth referred to Jared as "brother" because he loves him like a brother, even though they are not related.
A male sibling. Having a brother has its advantages and disadvantages. Most of the time, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages by far. Below I will list a fair amount of advantages and disadvantages of having a brother.more...
1. You have someone to play with and have fun with when you have nothing else to do.
2. You can ask your brother for advice, and he can be helpful to you in many ways.
3. You have someone to pick on (usually younger), and you use them to make you feel better about yourself.
1. If you are the younger brother, you usually get picked on and intentionally hurt by your older brother.
2. You get falsely accused of things daily. Your brother makes ridiculous assumptions about you.
3. You know that your brother is wrong, but you don't say anything because you know he will just argue back and say incredibly stupid things, in order to make it seem like he is right. He may also even try and fight will you, physically. And you know your parents will do shit to help. You know it is all a big waste, so you bottle up your anger inside and develop various problems. Your brother will seem to think that because you don't say anything back to him, that you know he's right. So he continues do be an ass towards you and you don't know what to do.
4. Your brother bothers you everywhere you go. You don't want him anywhere around you. You wish he would move out.
A male sibling that gives you advice not to show how wise he is but to point you in the right direction, for your sake; one who shares many memories that bring them close to you; the one that shares shows, bands, movies, family, and other interests with you; the person that makes fun of you without it hurting your feelings; the definition of fun and love; one who gives and seeks advice; the one who tells you like it is; the role model; the one who knows how to make you laugh; the one that treats you like you are and nothing more, and nothing less so that you know of your importance, but are humble as well; the one you are most like; someone that generates tears when gone; no matter where you are in the world, you both are still close
I love my brother.
Someone of the male persuasion (doesn't have to be related) who you are very close with. Someone whose opinion and insight you value over anyone elses. Someone that you desire only the best for them in life with no strings attached. Someone who has impacted and influenced your life for the better.
I'm not related to David, but his thoughts and opinions are very important to me. He's a brother that I look up to.