1. A type of figure skating jump, including a leap with 1.5 turns.
2. One component of the "wheel and axel" simple machine. The wheel has a larger circumfrence than the axel, and so it would take more power to turn the axel, but in doing so the wheel would turn more times. Most wheels and axels on cars function this way.
3. A character in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II. He is the eighth member of Organization XIII, nicknamed "The Flurry of Dancing Flames". Axel, like other members of the group, wears a black overcoat with black gloves and black boots. He has bright red, spiky hair and wields two chakram with eight spikes on each. He can throw these chakram or use them as melee weapons--they will always return to his hand when they're thrown. He can also charge them with fire and execute many fire-based attacks. He has broken off from the rest of the Organization in KH II, but he still shares a relationship with Roxas
1. Bob: "Axel Paulsen was the first guy to ever perform an axel jump. Go figure!"
2. John: "Dude, the axel on my car broke. I have to get it towed to the shop!"
Mofo: "That bites, man. That bites big."
3. Axel: "The name's Axel. Got it memorized?!"
"I'm so FLATTERED!"
"My heart just wouldn't be in it, y'know? Haven't got one..."
The studly blonde guy who is everyone's favorite Swede.
Wow did you see that guy? Yeah! He looks like such an Axel!
A member of Organization XIII from the popular Kingdom Hearts series. He first starred in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, but more recently seen in Kingdom Hearts 2. He has long red hair, bright green eyes, and black, tear-like tatoos underneath his eyes. He wields two Chakram, which can be lit on fire and thrown at opponents. Many people believe there is a canon relationship between him and Roxas, another member of Organization XIII.
Commit it to memory.
Got it memorized?
Axel: You can't turn on the organization! You get on their bad side and they'll destroy you!
: No one would miss me. (walks away)
Axel: That's not true... I would...
Probably the sweetest guy on earth. When you first meet him he can be a total prick but when you get to know him he can be the nicest person in the world. Not to mention his looks are sexy as fuck.
Damn, I wish Axel was mine.
n. a person who gets hit by a city bus while jwalking
n. to be in critical state due to a city bus
v. to get completely owned by a city bus
Kid 1: Did you hear about that kid Axel from RFK high school?
Kid 2: Yeah man! He got totally Axel'd.
Kid 1: I'm going to jwalk now, I'm cool.
Kid 2: WATCH OUT DUDE! YOU'RE GONNA GET AXEL'D!
Kid 1: I'm not dumb.
-Kid 1 gets hit by a city bus-
Busdriver: "You just got Axel'd"
Axel (Axel, Akuseru?), is also referred to as "Flurry of Dancing Flames" (Winds of fire dance, Odoru Hi no Kaze?) who has the Assassin Nobodies under his control,. Utilizes a pair of chakram as his weapons, Axel is maniuplate fire in his attacks. Nomura designed Axel on a similar concept as Reno from Final Fantasy VII. Nomura wanted to see what it would be like to have a similar character in a different world and role. Axel is voiced by Keiji Fujiwara in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts II and Re: Chain of Memories, while he is voiced by Quinton Flynn in the English versions of both games.
In Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Axel pretends to join with Larxene and Marluxia in their plan to seize control of the Organization. To gain their trust, he assassinates Vexen when ordered by Marluxia. He later derails the plans by setting Naminé free so that she can reveal to Sora the truth about how she manipulated his memory. Eventually, Axel confronts Marluxia, prepared to destroy him. Marluxia uses Naminé as a shield to keep Axel at bay, though Axel resolves to go through her. When Sora makes a sudden appearance, Marluxia vanishes with Naminé, leaving Sora to fight Axel. Sora defeats Axel, after which he states the existence of their relation before vanishing. After Marluxia is defeated by Sora, Axel enlists the aid of the Riku Replica to get rid of Zexion in Castle Oblivion's basement levels.
In Kingdom Hearts II, Axel, per ord...