A very broad catagory of people that others may consider anything from unethical to logical. In truth atheism (a-lacking; theism-beleif in a higher power) makes up a large number of people with different beleifs. Not all atheists are such because they don't have proof that God exists.
I, for one, am atheist because I know that if I were Christian, and I ended up in heven, I would feel guilty that a good many people in hell were there for eternity because they grew up with one set of "heretical" beleifs and "were never taught better".
I beleive that hell is a punishment that people are told they will face if they are not good to their fellow man. This would be a good thing, however, if, say, a Native American, who did not beleive Christ was the son of God and did only good during his life, goes to hell, that defeats the concept.
Nobody has the right to say one child is born with "original sin" and the way to cleanse him is to pay the church.
I have many reasons to be atheist (and science is one of them). It is always better to judge the individual than to put everybody into about 25 groups and dictate their right to live on this planet based on that.
someone believing in no religion and or afterlife.
Because Susie was an atheist, she was not bothered by the other students chanting "Go to hell Susie! Go to hell!"
There are two types of atheists, but the word refers to one who lacks belief in Gods, angels, etc. A lot of atheists are respectful to what religious people believe while many others are not. The intolerant ones tend to bash religion-particularly Christianity at any chance they get and assume that all Christians are arrogant and prejudice. (Just to be fair, yes, some Christians are like this, but they cannot call themselves Christians when their attitude goes against what Jesus taught and think they can use his words to pass judgment. But there are plenty of others who actually care how someone feels.)
Christian: "I believe God
are guiding me and will help me."Tolerant
is not really my cup of tea, but that's cool."
Christian: "I believe God
will help me."
Intolerant Atheist: "Shut up you stupid Bible
thumper! Your God isn't real!"
Someone that thinks of a god or gods as impossible, or just doesn't really care. Atheism is a lack of belief, not a belief so atheism is not a religion. Atheists may or may not have a love of science. Some atheists have plausible reasons for being an atheist, while others don't. You can be one of the following kinds of atheists:
1) Someone that has had something personal happen with their religion and doesn't believe in god because of that personal problem
2) Angry atheist: Someone intolerant to religion.
3) retaliating atheist: Someone that fights back when theists (mostly Christians) pick a fight. NOTE: Some theists confuse this one with #2 because atheists don't want Christianity to be in the government or anything symbolizing the government. These include flags, post offices, schools, town/village/city halls, etc.
4) Someone that really doesn't care and so by their lack of belief, are classified as an atheist.
5) Agnostic atheist. This one is commonly confused as agnostics. There are no such things as agnostics in the belief system. You can be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist, but you can't be just an agnostic.
"I'm an atheist"
"I have had personal troubles with religion"
"I am intolerant to religion"
"Because it is the root of all evil"
"I'm an atheist and I don't think religion should be in the government"
"You are an angry atheist"
"No, I just don't want the government forcing religion on me."
"Are you a christian?"
"I don't really care"
"Are you an atheist?"
"Again, I don't care"
"I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't believe there is enough evidence to prove the existence of a god."
Someone who believes in one less god than most other people.
Jesus: If I didn't believe in God, I wouldn't be a Muslim, I'd be an atheist!
Someone who doesn't believe in any God. There are two types.
1. The live and let live atheists who don't shove their opinions down any ones throat. These people have social lives.
2. The arrogant, intolerant pricks who send all day long bitching and trolling on the youtube comments sections. They always talk about reason and logic but lack the logic to realize that no one is being persuaded by their intolerance. They are postive that there is no afterlife yet they spend that only life on the interent trolling people. Most of them are 15 year olds who think that they are really cool even though they don't have any friends.
Even the average Catholic priest gets more ass than the average militant atheist.
" The bigotry of the nonbeliever is for me nearly as funny as the bigotry of the believer. " -Albert Einstien
Militant Atheist: I'am atheist therefore that makes me smarter and better than everone else and I show that by trolling people on youtube.
Smart person: How about , you get a fucking life.
One who doesn't believe in god(s). Usually accepts scientifically demonstrated facts, and is generally willing to change one's mind should better evidence be presented.
As an atheist, I may not know completely how Life, the Universe and Everything came into existence, but I see no reason to subscribe to a belief in a magical entity to explain it.
A person who believes in one less god than a monotheist.
One of the many things monotheists share with atheists, is that they don't believe in Thor at all.