1) The word football is used because in the late 1800's, the only ran the ball with there feet
2)The game was introduced to Americans by europeans. Touchdowns were one point. The Europeans, called it football.
3) Pads MAKE THE GAME TOUGHER than Rugby. Don't give me that "Rugby for Girls" shit. Have you played, or seen a game? No.
4) Tackles hurt like hell. A text-book tackle is to get low. Use leg pads to push forword, get the shoulder pads to the stamach, wrap your arms around the opposing player, and take your Helmet and put it under the opposing players chin and deliver a blow.
5) The game started out without pads. It did not catch on, as many americans saw how similar it is to Rugby. After pads were put in, Americans forgot all about Rugby.
6) The reason the rest of the world dosn't care about American Football, is because the rest of the world have no idea what American Football is. Austraila, Canada, and Germany all love football because THEY KNOW WHAT IT IS.
7) America is the third most populated country in the world. America is the only country having all Big Five sports (Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer) In america, Football is the most popular and beloved sport. In America, Soccer is considered a children's sport and is the least popular and least beloved sport. Therfour, if the whole world had America's sports, soccer would be the fourth most beloved as in America.
8) America has a right to say soccer sucks, because we PLAY soccer. Most of Europe does not play Football nor know the rules, so they DON'T have a right to say football sucks.
9) I have seen a rugby, soccer, and Football game, infact, I've seen many. I've seen a full Rugby game at the ESPN zone, I've seen multiple soccer games during the world cup, and I've seen many football games during the fall of course. Football is the best by far.
10) Football is extremely fast-paced. They don't treansition to commercial ever 5 minutes, Nor do they stop playing ever 5 seconds. Stop your ignorance, if you ever had watched a game you would know how great it is.
11) Football is very physically demanding, and it does take athletic skill. The Querterback position in football requirse you to be smart, Defensive end position requires you to be strong and fast, WR's requires you to be fast and catch well, RB's requires you to be strong, fast, catch, and have good instincs, Offensive lineman requires you to be strong, Tight End requires you to be strong and catch well, it goes on and on.
12) Football isn't a "bunch of fatties running into each other" Can you read a zone defence, create smart audibles to counteract them, and tell the blitz? Can you find a hole and create a cut and still fend off 335 lb. (That is 152 kilograms if I'm not mistakin) Lineman from tackling you? No
13) Football players are not even fat. 4% body fat mean anything to you? If I'm not mistakin, that is 96% muscle.
14) Rugby players are a lot smaller than football players.
15) Weight in Football players very. A WR ususally are 180 LB. (70 kg I think) and pretty skinny, While the Linebackers are 335 lb. (See number 12) and very strong. Not all are 300 lb. monstors while not all of them or skinny little twigs.
16) The term soccer, was created by EUROPEANS. So stop your bitchin'! We didn't make up the name!
European: American Football sucks
American: Oh, so you watch it to?
EuropeanL No, I don't get it on telivision.
American: Oh, so you can't watch the NFL?
European: What the hell is the NFL?
plus, its not 22 fat guys runnign around bumping for 5 seconds. plays could last a long time. then u only have 40 senconds for the next play, not five minutes..... funning for 90 minutes easy
running for an hor and having guys trying to kill u, not easy
im lucky, i play defense