Things you should know:
1. Yes, we are aware the term "American" can be used for anyone living in North or South America. The term "British" can be used for someone from Scottland, Ireland, or England. What else do you want us to call ourselves, United-Statesians? Besides, I don't see you calling people from Brazil or Argentina or Cuba American anyways. Why should we?
2. Yes, we are aware our President shows serious signs of mental retardation. All goverments have their problems.
3. We're not stupid. We don't go around speaking "American", laughing at all other "American" speaking countries thinking they stole the idea from us.
4. We're not all crazy extremists or blind conservatives.
5. Your country probally produces almost as much pollution as ours, and seeing as the US is about 3,718,695 cm2 (9,631,420 km2; gasp! an American knowing about the metric system? unheard of!) large and has 302,431,000 citizens, we're not doing that bad.
6. Celsuis- Farheniet, Meters- feet, Pounds- killograms. Gallons- liters. We use both you know.
7. We don't hate all Canadians, Brits, Cubans, and Japaneese people. We don't think all Muslims are terrorists. No matter what Bush says, we most definitely don't eat "freedom fries". We don't all support Iraq. We don't think Pakistan is in Africa.
8. Just because we can't trace our ancestors in America back for 329 years, it doesn't mean we love our country less.
9. Patrioism is never a bad thing. Even if you lived in the crappiest country in the world, it's still your country.
10. No, we don't think everyone in the world celbrates July Fourth with us.
11. We don't eat McDonald's everyday or drive five cars.
12. Not everyone speaks like their from Texas. There are forty-nine other states you know.
13. We don't think we're better than you.
14. Lastly, half the people that bash us are allies with us. Our country has relations in more than half the world. Most likely, we're best friends.
French: "Look at Iraq. What a dumb mistake."
American: "Dude, we know our president's an ass."
Oh, he is an American!
2. People from the USA stole the term American and brainwashed a bunch of stupid people from other countries telling the, they are called Americans.
3.Ignorant people from the USA
chinese: OH so your American! fuck you!
2 Brit: hi There yank.
US asshole: I'm American!!
Brit: Fuck you, you are a fat and ignorant yank and nothing more
2. (Real) As an American citizen, I hate calling myself an American, here are my reasons.
Americans are ignorant and respond to anything different from what they are accustomed to as being "stupid" or worse than theirs.
America's most favorite liquid is gasoline, which they eagerly feed over-sized vehicles
Americans cannot pronounce Rrr, they say are.
Americans cannot realize how stupid they actually are being and how limited their knowledge is.
Americans have no taste in culture, architecture, or any form of something other than fast food and television.
The American dream was long-ago demolished from its original European descents during the time of the founding fathers into an ignorant and tasteless existence in identical neighborhoods of the same homes, same cars, same food, etc that is saved from mass-suicide by television and stubborn nationalism.
All that being said please do realize that they are not truly horrible people, and this does not describe everyone who is a documented member of the USA.
~Irish-American? When did you come over?
-I was born in Boston
There is no way to unify like making tiny differences painfully clear!