A great country that despite its flaws is much better than most other countries in the world. The system of punishment and law enforcement is more fair than any other country, America has the most freedom out of any country, and most people who hate on America are people who don't live in America, or get the short end of the stick. Granted, there will be people in every country who work harder than everyone else yet seem to get cheated, and these people all hate the country where they live.
There are people who make more money than anywhere else, and some of them are complete jerks who don't help others, and many people judge the whole nation based on a few people's actions. There are people who work extremely hard and earn their money. There are people who make tons of money, or not much money at all, and they help others. But why would anybody hear of these people? You only hear about the rich and famous.
So the whole world judges America on what the media portrays, and because America is the land of the Free, the media can say whatever they want. Unless you know and share both sides of the story about America, no comments either way should be shared.
American: Hi, I'm an intelligent scientist devoting my life to bettering mankind, and making money for myself while I do so.
American: Hi, I work really hard and don't get paid nearly as much as I should and live a hard life.
American: Hi, I got a lot of money from my parents and will keep it all for myself.
American: Hi, I've given away all my money and spent my whole life helping those less fortunate.
American: Hi, I risked my life to leave my country get to this country because of the opportunities it can provide for those who work hard.
American: I'm a part of the government and I do all that I can to make the country a better place to live.
American: I'm a part of the government and I do what I want.
American: I own a bunch of guns and go hunting.
American: I work my ass off to put bad people behind bars and keep people safe.
American: I'm a serial killer.
American: I fight to keep freedom around the world.
American: I will die to protect another person.
A country that claims the name of an entire continent to itself alone for no compelling reason.
Mexicans, Colombians, Brazilians... they're Americans too.
1. (technical) A large area of land between the Atlantic and the Pacific, which includes the countries of the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, and others.
2. (colloq.) The USA. Shortened, so that nobody could forget it, but shortened in the place that makes people have random arguments about whether America is just the USA, the whole North, or both continents.
3. (deprec.) The place where you went in the 1900s if you fancied one of a few things; a new life, everybody else's money, or a way to get away from people who you pissed off in your past in the country where you started.
syn. 'The American Dream' - getting so rich that you can afford (and, indeed, savour) to not give a fuck for anybody else.
4. (econ.) A place that got rich when others got nowhere by selling to both sides in world conflicts - right up until WW2, where their late arrival into the war did mean a certain victory for the Allies much sooner than it otherwise would have come.
5. (obs.) One of only two nations in the entire world and its history that managed to do nothing in direct opposition to each other for nearly 50 years, and then have this period of nothingness labelled a 'war' of any description.
6. (inf.) Probably the only country that could win in a 'me versus everyone' with the whole world, and despite the sometimes gung-ho antics of the nation, this does not look like it will ever be tested.
7. A country that might, although not alone, manag...
The country that most of the world hates becuase of our excellent choice of leadership. It also allows such filth like that crazy Southern Baptist sect that protests funerals of soldiers and screams shit like "Thank God for dead soldiers! Thank God for 9/11! God hates queers!". Something, somewhere went horribly wrong.
Yeah, America is pretty much going down the drain.
The greatest coutry in the world. (or used to be anyways)
Thanks in part to George W. Bush, America is now the most hated country in the world. Poor presidential decisions have caused a war, a crappy economy, high gas prices, global warming, as well as a new low in stupidity.
America used to be a place that people were proud to call "home" but now, most people just say they're canadian when they're really American.
In america, a third-string QB for a pro football team will be paid roughly 6 times as much as a blue-collar worker who works hard every single day.
People would rather read about who Jennifer Anniston is currently dating, rather then the current situation in Iraq.
American kids all dream about how they want to be Pro sports players, not for the love of the game, but for the love of the money.
America is the only place where the more money that is dumped into schools, the dumber the children get.
The reputation of America has been forever tarnished, thanks to George W Bush.
America, my home, sweet home.
A Place Where People Who Love Jesus, SUVs, Big Burgers, Big Women, And Unprotected Sex. Where People Hate Illegal Immigrants, Regular Immigrants, People Who Know Immigrants And Anything With a French Word in It. A Place Where People Pretend Like The Word French Doesn't Exist, Can i Get Some Freedom Fries Amen. A Country That Wears Canada As A Hat And Mexico As A Condom And The Middle East As A Toilet.
America Is Awesome Where Else Can You Get Freedom Toast For Breakfast.
America Once Beat The Devil In A Arm Wrestling Match.
America Sleeps With Cheap Women.
The country that everyone love to hate, but when disaster strikes, the one they look to for help
Starving people in Haiti? Call in the Americans
America Is... (By Me)
A country founded on pure principals
that are not always true
but mostly are
A country containing many different
A country of greed
A country of technology
A country of tools
A country of fools
A country of millions
with debt in the billions
A country with a hand to Lend
And a country that needs to Mend
A country that is broken?
A country that needs to be woken?
Home of the Brave
Land of the Free
America is up to you,
Not up to me;
It all depends on what you see.
America can't be defined by anyone but you.
SO DO IT YOURSELF! CUZ' I AIN'T GONNA'.