2. An incredibly poor central Asian country
3. An incredibly poor and corrupt central Asian country
4. An incredibly poor, corrupt and dysfunctional central Asian country
5. An incredibly poor, corrupt, dysfunctional and CURSED central Asian country
6. Land of the Afghans: Although there is no such thing as an Afghan, they’re either Pastuns, Tajiks or whatever and the only thing they agree on is that they don’t like each other. Occasionally they’ll reach a consensus on topics such as repealing infidels and the difference between sex with goats, donkeys and Tea Boys
7. Afghans like to make reference to repealing previous invaders, Alexander the Great, the British, the Russians. Truth be told none of the invaders saw any merit in staying in the country long enough to impart their modern ways and principles on the land and people, so left at the first possible convenience leaving the locals to their own corrupt and dysfunctional devices.
8. CURSED: Yes Afghanistan is cursed. While blaming the infidel for all their (many) troubles, they fail to see that their own stupidity and greed has put them into the exact position they find themselves. Proof: Who overthrew the Shah in 1973? An Afghan. Whats happened non stop since said overthrow? War, war and more war… Cursed I tell you. CURSED
2. The People are called Afghan(s)
3. Population around 30 million (2005)
4. Afghanistan's money is called Afgani(s)
5. Located in Central Asia
6. This country is also refer to as THE SUPER-POWERS' GRAVEYARD. since alot of the worlds super powers were defeated there.
7. The only country in Asia to stick up for them selves.
guy2: Sorry guy! i'm broke , i ain't got no cash on me.
guy1: Them afghans are tough?right!
guy2: yeah! Did you see how they kicked
a Replubic that defeated Alexander the Great, Genghis Kahn , other mongols , British Empire , Soviets (USSR).
2. It Used to be known as ARIANA or Aryana (Land ofthe Arians or Aryans).
3. The strongest country in Central Asia.
4. The "stan" part of afghanistan means Land and the Afghan part is the name of the name of the people who lived there.
So Afghanistan in English means " Afghanland".
5. the people are called AFGHAN(s) and NOT AFGHANI(s).
6. the name of there money or currency is called Afghani(s).
If you got an afghan on your side consider yourself lucky.
Afghans display pride in their country, ancestry, military prowess, and above all, their independence. Like other highlanders, Afghans are regarded with mingled apprehension and condescension, for their high regard for personal honor, for their clan loyalty and for their readiness to carry and use arms to settle disputes.
Some points to remember:
Afghanistan means land of the Afghans.
The people are AFGHAN (single), AFGHANs (plural).
the currency is AFGHANI.
Afghans speak Parsi (Dari) and Pashto.
Afghans are warriors.
I spent 2 Afghanis yesterday.
I am Afghan.
Are you Afghan?
2. A country that has been never defeated or conquered by any nation.
3. All of these wars and battles were not won by a regular Army, Almost all of those battles were fought by normal people.
4. (2004) a country that is currently under contruction , because of its many wars.
5. a cool country located in Central Asia.
6. A country that has hot summers and cold winters.
7. Official languages are pashtuh ,persian .but they do know a little english.
"those soviets were dumb for trying to conquer Afghanistan , i mean didn't they learn from its unbeatable record of kicking Super-Powers asses."
Before the Soviet invasion, Afghanistan was a stop-over on the great Asian back-packing trails, from Istanbul to Katmandhu or Bangkok. It was known for fascinating music, awsome food, and even better hashish. How things change.
After the Soviet invasion, the great powers used Afghanistan as a much-larger version of Lebanon: to fight an international war using third party proxies. The Mujahhadddin were the fighting for America with Chinese-supplied weapons and based out of Pakistan, while the Soviets rained down hell from their jets flying out of Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Every major power armed someone basically.
Today, Afghanistan is at the center of a corporate power-play to set up for a new century of Central Asian gas from the Caspian basin, evident in the selection of a former Unical employee (Mohammed Karzai) as "President". Taliban elements remain in the mountains, but Bin Laden's long gone.
Also a song by Farhad Darya.
In 1978 the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan which were defeated. It left Afghanistan after great distraction and loss of lives. There were two millions Afghans killed and as many disabled. The infrastructure were at ruins. Afterward a civil war raged for 10 more years Afghanistan were forgotten, it was of no use for the West. Meanwhile, the two neighbouring countries of Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan, armed and supported different warring factions who fought over power and destroyed the remaining. There was yet to come another disaster: The Taleban. Armed, trained and supported by Pakistani Intelligence. Their rule lasted 5 years and were overthrown by American and Afghan Forces. An interim government headed by Mr. Karzai took charge. Subsequently, there was a democratic election and Mr. Karzai was elected as the president. Since then Afghanistan has made a lot of progress in every field.
Afghanistan is a country that is really interested in peace and progress but circumstances and the interference of its neighbouring countries who are very keen to have a weak and unstable country by their sides (because of territorial, ethnic, religious etc. interests) never gave Afghanistan the chance to become prosperous.
Afghanistan is a truly beautiful country with breathtaking sceneries: high and snow covered mountains, deep canyons, nice grasslands, a lot of historical sites, delicious food, mellow fruits, warm-hearted and courageous people… (http://www.afghana.com/Photographs/Photos.htm nice sceneries from Afghanistan).
I think it is very unfair to forget all the sacrifices that Afghans have given in war against the Communism in the 80`s. Afghanistan deserves a greater respect. This beautiful country in the heart of Asia!
2.Many ancient cities like Balkh, Ghazni, Herat, Ghor were the center of civilizations, trade and culture.