1. Afghanistan = Afghanland in english
2. The People are called Afghan(s)
3. Population around 30 million (2005)
4. Afghanistan's money is called Afgani(s)
5. Located in Central Asia
6. This country is also refer to as THE SUPER-POWERS' GRAVEYARD. since alot of the worlds super powers were defeated there.
7. The only country in Asia to stick up for them selves.
guy1: hey how much afghanis do you have?
guy2: Sorry guy! i'm broke , i ain't got no cash on me.
guy1: Them afghans are tough?right!
guy2: yeah! Did you see how they kicked
1. A Super-Power Graveyard.
a Replubic that defeated Alexander the Great, Genghis Kahn , other mongols , British Empire , Soviets (USSR).
2. It Used to be known as ARIANA or Aryana (Land ofthe Arians or Aryans).
3. The strongest country in Central Asia.
4. The "stan" part of afghanistan means Land and the Afghan part is the name of the name of the people who lived there.
So Afghanistan in English means " Afghanland".
5. the people are called AFGHAN(s) and NOT AFGHANI(s).
6. the name of there money or currency is called Afghani(s).
Don't make me afghanistan your ass!
If you got an afghan on your side consider yourself lucky.
Afghanistan is a mosaic of ethnic groups and cultures and a crossroads between east and west. An ancient land that has often been plundered and also been a focal point of trade, Afghanistan has seen numerous invaders come and go including Aryans, Persians, Greeks, Arabs, and Turks, though it is important to note that the original Aryan tribes of central Asia resided in the area which is mostly Afghanistan and Iran. Afghanistan, in its current form was formed following the Anglo-Afghan wars that culminated in Afghanistan's complete independence from foreign intervention in 1919.
Afghans display pride in their country, ancestry, military prowess, and above all, their independence. Like other highlanders, Afghans are regarded with mingled apprehension and condescension, for their high regard for personal honor, for their clan loyalty and for their readiness to carry and use arms to settle disputes.
Some points to remember:
Afghanistan means land of the Afghans.
The people are AFGHAN (single), AFGHANs (plural).
the currency is AFGHANI.
Afghans speak Parsi (Dari) and Pashto.
I went to Afghanistan last year.
Afghans are warriors.
I spent 2 Afghanis yesterday.
I am Afghan.
Are you Afghan?
1. Afghanistan is a country which has defeated alot of Super Powers such as Alexander the Great, Gangez Khan, Persian forces, Moghual Forces, British Forces and Soviets.
2. A country that has been never defeated or conquered by any nation.
3. All of these wars and battles were not won by a regular Army, Almost all of those battles were fought by normal people.
4. (2004) a country that is currently under contruction , because of its many wars.
5. a cool country located in Central Asia.
6. A country that has hot summers and cold winters.
7. Official languages are pashtuh ,persian .but they do know a little english.
we better not mess with them or else they will kick our asses!
"those soviets were dumb for trying to conquer Afghanistan , i mean didn't they learn from its unbeatable record of kicking Super-Powers asses."
A colonial algomation of Pashto-Persian, Turkic, and Mongol ethnic groups into one great buffer state durring the "Great Game" for influence between Britain (British India) and Imperial Russia durring the nineteenth century. Afghans are warriors if nothing else, they were the only actual resistance to the Mongol hordes, out-lasting Persian armies from the west and scaring off the British and Russians (later demolishing the Soviets).
Before the Soviet invasion, Afghanistan was a stop-over on the great Asian back-packing trails, from Istanbul to Katmandhu or Bangkok. It was known for fascinating music, awsome food, and even better hashish. How things change.
After the Soviet invasion, the great powers used Afghanistan as a much-larger version of Lebanon: to fight an international war using third party proxies. The Mujahhadddin were the fighting for America with Chinese-supplied weapons and based out of Pakistan, while the Soviets rained down hell from their jets flying out of Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Every major power armed someone basically.
Today, Afghanistan is at the center of a corporate power-play to set up for a new century of Central Asian gas from the Caspian basin, evident in the selection of a former Unical employee (Mohammed Karzai) as "President". Taliban elements remain in the mountains, but Bin Laden's long gone.
Also a song by Farhad Darya.
Afghanistan's such a cool place, too bad the country fell to hell.
A beautiful country in the heart of Asia. It has long history of over 5000 years. (short history at http://www.lonelyplanet.com). The location of Afghanistan spanning the land routes between the Indian subcontinent, Iran, and central Asia has attracted conquerors throughout history. Its high mountains helped the afghans to defend the country successfully against invaders, though. Afghan territory were vast during different afghan empires, for example during the Sultan Mahmoud Ghaznawi Empire in 11th century or during the Durrani Empire in 18th century which extended from Arabian Sea to Persia and India. Afghanistan has fought three wars against Britain which were in control of India. The 1st Anglo-Afghan War took place in 1839-42, the second one in 1878-80 and the final one in 1919. All three times British forces suffered crushing defeats and great casualty. Afghanistan also lost vast parts, for example, Pashtunistan and Baluchistan were cut off by Britain who wanted to use them as a buffer zone for a 100 years (already expired) but they were never given back instead Britain created another country from these two parts and another two parts cut off from India and called it Pakistan.more...
In 1978 the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan which were defeated. It left Afghanistan after great distraction and loss of lives. There were two millions Afghans killed and as many disabled. The infrastructure were at ruins. Afterward a civil war raged for 10 more years Afghanistan were forg...
A country that has been through many wars and not yet been defeated. Also one of the worlds most dangerous countries located in Asia (Middle East).
Girl: Lets go to Afghanistan
Guy: No, that country is too dangerous, there alot of killings and bombings