(For more on the serious STAR WARS definition, check wookieepedia.com)
2. His best lines, as of Star Wars episode six, were as follows:
(when the imperial fleet appeared) "It's a trap!, (when the death star first fired) "It's no use general Calrissian!", "Our cruisers can't repel fire of that magnitude", and lastly (when the tide of the battle was starting, albeit STARTING to turn), "We've got to give those fighters more time", "Focus all firepower on that Super Star Destroyer!". The ironic part about the last line is that only about five minutes after him giving the order, the largest ship in the Imperial fleet went crashing into the death star.
3. Someone who is in a hectic situation, and acts dramatically while telling others what to do, often becoming wide eyed, bossy, and pessimistic. This isn't an insult, rather a way for us Star wars geeks to let off steam by placing a rarely - used name on somebody.
4. A chick (as in baby chicken), belonging to a group of 24 who were class pets in a science class from March 30th to April 8th 2009. This baby chick was the second one to hatch, and had brown and black racing stripes with yellow around the black eyes (the 1 milimiter radius directly around the eye was also black), giving it a very unique look, and becuse the facial features were very stark, the chick was named Ackbar. Afer April 8th, Ackbar and the other chicks were sent back to the farm to be bred for eggs (not killed).
5. A character from a movie or book, usually a male over 35, who is the commanding general of an army, and acts in a similar way to Ackbar, often being dramatic but pessimistic. If this character is a villain, he is either the main villain or the main villain's second in command and has very little personality other than obvious negatives.
If this character is a hero, or a good guy, he is often one of the side main characters, who are main characters but don't receive as much attantion as the main character. They are occasionally friends or acquaintances of the main characters, and their personality rarely goes far beyond wanting the best for their people, and being kind but basically just being a general.
6. A person with a tall forehead and wide set eyes, who looks like a fish (alternately, people may say they look like a cow). They may have a rasping voice.
7. Almost always used by us Star Wars geeks, but a legitimate slang word anyways.
2. Just the scripting.
3. Girl at mall: Oh my god, oh my god, I HAVE to find the right dress in time for the prom, it's tomorrow and we gotta go soon!
Her friend: It's ok, there's loads of good dresses here. Just stop being such an Ackbar
Girl at mall: A what?
Also, Mel Gibson's character in "The Patriot", in the end battle when he was screaming "HOLD THE LINE!", "HOLD THE LINE!"
4. Awwww, look at little baby Ackbar!
5. Most commanding generas from movies; King Leonidus from "The 300", although his personality was much more developed, The Greek Generals from "Troy", the head Japanese general from "Letters from "Iwo Jima", etc. etc. etc.
6. Not to be mean, but u get the idea
7. Nerdy #1: Let's make Ackbar an often used slang word.
Nerdy #2: I dunno, a lot of people haven't seen all the star wars movies, much less ep. 6
Nerdy #1: Who cares? It sounds cool, and there's always room for another word!
Nerdy #3: Sounds good, ya know your sister is such an Ackbar
Nerdy #2: I guess I'm with u guys, we ought to spread the word.