1) The, usually surgical, removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
2) A standpoint over which democratic and republican parties argue with no actual consideration for the lives involved. Mysterious figures seem to be popping up everywhere about the numbers and percentages of abortions, such as "Rape victims account for less than 1% of all abortions." This information is surprising, seeing as most rapes aren't even filed (and this informations is absolutely, and completely, necessary to make any claim, such that has been made), and most -- if not all -- parties that perform abortion don't require a "Q&A" session as to why the abortion is being performed.
3) Something that isn't anyone's business outside of the woman getting the abortion.
1) "Alison had an abortion."
2) Republican: "Let's argue about abortion, because there's nothing worthwhile that needs to be addressed -- like the fact that hundreds are being killed overseas in this war that we won't let go. Killing people is okay, so long as they've lived long enough to believe differently than me. Yay God!"
or, if I may be so bold to quote the song of Roland:
"Paiens ont tort et Chretiens ont droit."
(For our non-ancient-French speakers: "Pagans are wrong, and Christians are right".)
3) M: "Sue's says she's going to be gone next Friday, and she's been acting really weird since she broke up with Kyle -- do you think she's getting an abortion?"
T: "It's not your business, and if she wanted us to know, she'd tell us. What was the Latin homework last night?"
M: "Page ninety-five."
The act of ending an unwanted pregnancy.
If abortion is killing a human being, then male masturbation is a genocide, isn't it?
to kill a child before it becomes an inconvience.
It is a poverty that a child must die so that you may live as you wish" - Mother Theresa
jane got pregnant, but she's having an abortion sunday.
The act of terminating a life before he or she has had a chance for natural survival. Also a symptom of a society that has failed women. The rate of abortions in the United States could be reduced with logical prevention measures such as single parent housing at universities, more sex education in schools, better state adoption laws and awareness, and better general social support for single parents.
She'd heard that giving up her kid would be too hard, so Jenna decided to have an abortion.
murder for profit
The doctor liked his position of performing abortions, because there were so many people wanting them, it made him rich.
The mass murder of many unborn babies.
I was too cheap to spend 50 cents on a condom, and as a result I have decided to kill my child through an abortion.
The act of terminating a task or objective before it is completed.
The act of terminating the life of an offspring before it is developed enough to leave the womb. Wouldn't be such a big issue if the vast majority of people who undergo it didn't make the stupid decision of fucking without thinking ahead about the consequences, such as getting pregnant as a result.
That woman already had eight abortions, and she is STILL having recreational sex without use of contraceptives. What a whore!
The termination of a pregnancy
. Abortion, at the very least, needs to be left open as an option in cases of rape (so as not to further victimize the woman by forcing her to carry the child of her assailant), incest, and when the mother's life is in danger (as in an ectopic or tubal pregnancy, which will kill the mother if carried to term). Dangerous "back alley" abortions would also result if abortion were banned completely. An interesting contradiction in terms is that supposed "pro-lifers" also tend to be in favor of the death penalty, and have a real bad habit of shooting doctors and blowing up abortion clinics. It's also very difficult to decide exactly when life begins. By Pro-lifer logic, masturbation would probably also be considered murder, as sperm are technically alive and somewhat human (haploid). What they don't seem to understand is that there's a difference between something that is merely "human" and a full-blown, sentient "person." Admittedly, abortion is despicable when used merely as an alternative form of birth control (instead of the pill or a condom), but it's a woman's right protected under the law.
Diana opted to have an abortion, rather than carry her pregnancy to term.