1. N., A roadway paved with a track made of rails, upon which locomotives push or pull a train of cars or trailers carrying people or freight.
2. Adj., Pertaining to such a roadway or the trains that travel upon it.
3. N., The industry of transporting people or freight by rail, or one or more of the companies within that industry.
4. Adj., Pertaining to that industry.
5. V., Transport upon a railroad.
1. V., to coerce, trick, or seduce others into a course of action that they would not otherwise choose. This includes, but is not limited to, specifically sexual situations.
2. N., Eleven, as if the two parallel numerals were the rails of a railroad track.
Literal: Southern Pacific (3) railroad's old (2) railroad cars can still be found along abandoned stretches of (1) railroad, because the industry can't be bothered to (5) railroad them to (4) railroad stations.
1. Popular culture isn't going to be railroaded into adopting a narrow-mindedly specific sexual situation as the definition of railroad simply because someone described his favorite life experience as an UrbanDictionary definition.
2. We use the 802-railroad-G wireless protocol. (See WAP and 802.11g.)
The art of using a laptop computer and specialized "sniffing" software to located usable 802.11 wireless networks--while driving. See also "war chalking."
I posted this definition via a wireless connection i found while war driving the Haight Ashbury.
The practice of leaving coded chalk marks on or near buildings or sites where a "war driver" has identified available 802.11 wireless network access. The marks usually indicate the type of access and level of security.
This practice is decended from the way hobos used to chalk mark the curbs outside homes where an easy mark could be approached for food or other handouts.
I located a particularly handy open wifi network near the ballpark, so I warchalked it for my hacker brothers and sisters.
The most annoying mother fucking thing to set up for linux if no one knows about version 1.2 for broadcom.
ME: How do I set up my wireless broadcom 802.11 b/g network adapter card on Knoppix?
irc.freenode.net: Uhh.. I don't think you can do that with broadcom...
An area were a 802.11 wireless network is at and sometimes can be identified through war chalking, which is done by people who go war driving using programs such as network stumbler or is a pay per use like at Starbucks who is assosiated with T-Mobile.
Hackers often find a hot spot and hack into that networks computers. Make sure to use encryption, it can protect your computer!
A way to get Internet access, the term Wi Fi is a play upon the decades-old term HiFi that describes the type of output generated by quality musical hardware, Wi Fi stands for Wireless Fidelity and is used to define any of the wireless technology in the IEEE 802.11 specification - including (but not necessarily limited to) the wireless protocols 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g. The Wi-Fi Alliance is the body responsible for promoting the term and its association with various wireless technology standards.
I am heading out of the house and I need Wi-Fi to check my email.
Sony Computer Entertainment's Playstation Portable.more...
Designed as a multimedia device, it is one of the most powerful platforms available on the market. Well developed games boast near PS2-quality in graphics and sound, and gameplay is varied and entertaining. Supports MP4 and Mp3 video and audio formats, and displays JPEGs, GIFs, and TIIF files. Recent firmware updates allowed the use of a full web browser that uses the internal wireless ethernet card to run off of a 802.11b network. Often criticized to be fragile or plagued by low battery life. However, when running at optimal levels, conservative screen brightness and volume settings, underclocked processor, battery life is well within nominal parameters. Obviously, running with the volume and brightness maximized and the wireless card active will drain battery life much quicker, but it isn't nearly as bad as many authors have made it out to be. The real strength lies in the PSP's homebrew potential. While constantly policed by Sony in the form of prohibitive firmware updates, extremely bright and resourceful hackers such as Dark_Alex and Booster were/are able to thwart Sony's efforts. Homebrew allows one to run nonstandard programs ranging form custom firmwares that allow the psp to be used at its full potential, to hardware emulators allowing people to play SNES, and other older consoles. Homebrew allows people to really innovate and it shows what people can do when presented a powerful resource. PSP games can be ex...