|1.||40 to 5|
Code for marijuana (weed, cannabis, pot, reefer, etc.,). It is a play on the term 4:20, because it is precisely 40 minutes before 5 o'clock...thus 40 to 5.
Yo, let's meet up for some 40 to 5.
Limbo; purgatory; a place where you waste the best years of your life apprenticing for the PhD guild.more...
- endless homework
- potentially asshole professors
- little social life
- boring repetitive classes
- dull TA work
- shit pay
- you might end up in the middle of nowhere
- constant moving massacres relationships. Remember the girlfriend who left you because she couldn't take the long-distance relationship? Your friends? The family you see for 2 weeks per year? Better forget them... Easier that way.
- having to teach obscenely hot 18 year olds without being able to touch them
- leads to frigidity and involuntary abstinence
- it's 4am. You went to class between 9 and 12. You ate pretzels for lunch, then you graded for 4 hours. Then you wrote homework. Now your eyes are bleeding and you have the urge to cut.
- once (if) you graduate, you have to move again, in order go to post-doc, which is the same as grad school except you get a few bucks more and you write fewer pages of homework
- incipient alcoholism
- incipient alcoholism
- easy ticket to the first world for talented third worlders
- easy ticket to a big city if you luck out
- you can really slack away if you play your cards right
- 3+ months of vacation
- sort of intellectual
- beats the fucking 9 to 5. You're making 40K working 40 hours a week with 2 weeks vacation? In grad school people can make ~20K with ~10 hours of work per week and 3 months vacation. You do the math.
|3.||2 + 2 = 5|
A joke that nerds usually make about the rounding of numbers. If you do 2.3 rounded (2) + 2.4 rounded (2), you get 4.7 which rounds to 5.
And because humans are imperfect, we are never able to make exact precision on anything. This means, that anything we do, we are doing some kind of rounding/estimation at some point. So, this means that 2 + 2 = 5 but only for very large values of 2.
2.36 rounded = 2
2.44 rounded = 2
4.8 rounded = 5
2.36 + 2.44 = 4.8
2 + 2 = 5 (when all numbers are rounded)
|4.||time to make the doughnuts|
1.) A very happy time, characterized by extreme jubilation, often to the point of near retardation.
2.) Any time around 4-5 in the morning, as doughnuts require constant attention and hours of work to produce.
1.) BOB:"Hey Jerry, its Christmas"
JERRRY: "YAY! It's time to make the doughnuts!"
2.) "Whew, alright, a time around 4 or 5 in the morning. Time to make the doughnuts, brother."
|5.||give it to her|
Newfoundland term. The long form of Giv'er...It signifies authorization, acknowledgement, permission, agreement, or "Go". "Give it to her" is spoken to the individual until they understand the meaning clearly and then the shorter Giv'er can be spoken instead. Failure to folow this rule may result in miscommunication and expose you to perils that come with it. It in no way shape or form, signifies blessing to fuck a female unless that motion had been previously implied. See examples 4 and 5
1..Person 1"Can I have a beer bro?"
Person 2 "Give it to her."
2.. "Wait for a sec, there's a car comming...Wait....and Give it to her".
3.."I'm gonna go score some skunk".
"Give it to her"
4.."I'm gonna pick up your sister from work."
"Give it to her." Means pick her up but do not touch her!
5..I'm gonna stick my dick in you ex's mouth
"give it to her" means you have my permission/blessing
1. 4 stroke runs on straight gas, 2 stroke runs on a mix.
2. 2 strokes would be overall stronger then 4 strokes because in a race theres two classes (125 2stroke - 250 fourstroke) and (250 2 stroke - 450 4 stroke) the four strokes have to double there engine size to compete with 2 strokes.
3. 4 strokes have more useable torque, 2 stroke has a strong kicking powerband.
4. 2strokes all around are cheaper then 4 strokes.
5. 4 strokes are usually bigger.
I've ridden both 2 stroke and four stroke and i'd have to say i like 4 stroke better.
-alot of power
- smaller and lighter
- spark plug fouling
- pre mixing gas
- not as efficient
- not as durable
-lots of torque
-sounds better then a shrieking 2 stroke
4 stroke: Honda CRF450R, Kawasaki KX450F, Yamaha YZ450f, Suzuki RM-Z450
2 stroke: Honda CR250r, Kawasaki KX250, Yamaha YZ250, Suzuki RM250
|7.||4 5683 968|
When writting an SMS message, the numbers 4 5683 968 translate to "I love you". Taken from the alphabet where as the key number 2 is abc, 3=def, so on and so forth.
4 = I
5 = L
6 = O
8 = V
3 = E
9 = Y
6 = O
8 = U
"I think 4 5683 968."