1. 4 stroke runs on straight gas, 2 stroke runs on a mix.
2. 2 strokes would be overall stronger then 4 strokes because in a race theres two classes (125 2stroke - 250 fourstroke) and (250 2 stroke - 450 4 stroke) the four strokes have to double there engine size to compete with 2 strokes.
3. 4 strokes have more useable torque, 2 stroke has a strong kicking powerband.
4. 2strokes all around are cheaper then 4 strokes.
5. 4 strokes are usually bigger.
I've ridden both 2 stroke and four stroke and i'd have to say i like 4 stroke better.
-alot of power
- smaller and lighter
- spark plug fouling
- pre mixing gas
- not as efficient
- not as durable
-lots of torque
-sounds better then a shrieking 2 stroke
4 stroke: Honda CRF450R, Kawasaki KX450F, Yamaha YZ450f, Suzuki RM-Z450
2 stroke: Honda CR250r, Kawasaki KX250, Yamaha YZ250, Suzuki RM250