A lot of things happened that year:
- Osama Bin Laden was finally killed.
- The South was ravaged by tornadoes, notably places like Tuscaloosa, AL, Joplin, MO, and north Georgia.
- A really bad earthquake/tsunami hit Japan.
- A pretty good year for music (excluding Rebecca Black); artists like Adele and Foster the People became famous this year.
- New York legalizes gay marriage.
- Steve Jobs dies. :(
- A year for college sports scandals. Miami U gets involved in a Ponzi scheme, and legendary Penn State coach Joe Paterno gets fired amidst a sex abuse scandal caused by a former coach.
- A lot of sequels were released in theaters (for example, sequels to The Hangover, Cars, Transformers, and X-Men)
- The Packers win the Super Bowl.
All in all, a pretty mixed year. Still better than most of the years from the 2000's.
A lot of really good and really bad things happened in 2011.
Likely going to be the most boring year thus far. The year of nothing happening.
In politics, nothing will be happening because we'll have a house that will never approves of our president, and a president that always vetoes.
In apocalyptic events, nothing will be happening as it is eleven years too late for Y2K
and one year too early for the Mayans' predictions (see 2012
In music, a new twenty-something hip hop singer will rise to fame, eventually have some media event about her concerning ______ (fill in the blank with: drug addiction, spousal abuse, alcoholism, fake sex tapes, controversial activism in some politically sensitive field, etc). In addition, Justin Bieber will finally fall out of popularity only for some other Disney-sponsored teenage faggot to begin singing for the sole purpose of making ten-year-old girls go moist. Overall, nothing's happening.
In sports, Brett Favre
will say it's finally time to retire, then sign on again, then say i.t's time to retire again. The basketball stars will keep ball-hogging, baseball stars will be filled with steroids, and, well, you get the picture. Nothing happens.
, the charts will be at an all time high and it will be the most- ah, who am I kidding? I bet nothing will happen there either fo...
The year that:
-We found and killed Osama Bin Laden
-An earthquake and tsunami hit Japan
-The world was taken over by ponies
-The economy sank even more
-People realized bullying is actually a problem
-A royal wedding took place
-The American Idol judging penal was changed, and made better.
-The Arab Spring and Occupy Wall Street started
-A new Pokemon game came out
-Beavis and Butt-Head was put back on MTV
-The music scene suffered even more
-Jersey Shore continued to take us over
-Being hipster was cool
2011 had some good and some bad, so all in all, it wasn't bad, considering we're all due to die this year.
The year of worldwide revolutions
Ben Ali runs away from Tunisia after 23 years in office in January 2011
Hosni Mubarak is forced out of Egypt in 18 days in February 2011
Moammar Ghaddafi is ousted and killed by the Libyian opposition October 2011
Many more revolutions are occuring in Bahrain, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Kuwait, Morroco, Lebanon and other Arab countries in 2011
Occupy movements are happening in 2069 cities and towns encouraged by OWS late August 2011 to now (still continuing
Some European revolutions(Greece, Spain, Portugal) Summer 2011 still going on
What the year would be if the world was run by apple. (joke regarding to the new iPhone 4s)
Dude I was so excited when I heard the new year was coming so soon but then I heard apple wasn't ready so they just made a few small changes and stamped an 's' on the title. Here we come 2011s. >_<
T-Minus 1 year to everybody's death in 2012.
Woo its 2011! Just one more year to live, lets make this year awesome.
The year of all things fancy, including (but not limited to) lipstick and pearls.
1. 2011 is the last full year of Earth's existence and I intend to drop dead gorgeously.
2. My New Years resolution for the year 2011: Wear lipstick, pearls, and high heels.
have truly embraced 2011. They're so fancy!