Also used to refer to the family unit that middle-class Australia fell into in the late nineties, when the average number of children per family was 2.3. These families are excessively affluent, social-status obsessed, and are usually seen in the suburbs of the inner-eastern region of Melbourne, Australia (such as 'Toorak', 'Camberwell', 'Glen Eira', 'South Yarra', 'Kooyong',etc). Vehicles driven by the female of these families are sometimes known as 'Toorak Tractors', referring to the 4x4/4WD 'tractors' that never see a spec of dust on them, and are used solely for transporting 2.3 children around the suburbs. No practicality is attributed to the use of these vehicles, as they aren't that much safer than your average family-sized stationwagon.
Reasons why: It is...
1. a prime number, as are 2 and 3.
2. Michael Jordan's number.
3. the NBA record for most consecutive points scored by a single player in a game, done by none other than Michael Jordan.
4. the number of chromosomes in a human sperm or egg.
5. the angle between the earth's magnetic and rotational axis.
6. the Tropic of Cancer at 23 degrees N Latitude.
7. the Tropic of Capricorn at 23 degrees S Latitude.
8. a .com and the page is very cryptic.
9. the most quoted Psalm in the bible ("The Lord is my shepherd..."
10. the number of people executed in "A Tale of Two Cities"
11. the smallest number of people for which there is at least a 50% chance that two will share the same birthday.
12. the standard TCP/IP port for Telnet.
13. one of the "Lost" numbers on the television show....also the sum of two of the other numbers (8 & 15)and the solution to 42-15-4=23, all of which are also Lost numbers.
14. the number of times Caesar was stabbed in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
15. has been prominently featured in the following: Serendipity, Futurama, Star Wars A New Hope, Monty Python The Life of Brian, Seinfeld, The Big Lebowski, The Matrix Reloaded, and Die Hard III among MANY MANY other movies.
16. the number of flavors Dr. Pepper claims to be a blend of.
17. the number of distinct orientations of Tetris pieces.
18. the sum of U2, the greatest band ever. U is the 21st letter of the alphabet.
19. the number of letters in the latin alphabet.
20. the number of the Illuminati.
21. the letter W in the english alphabet, a letter with 2 points down and 3 points up.
22. the smallest number of integer sided boxes that tile a box such that no two boxes share a common length.
23. the only US president to serve between nonconsecutive terms of another president (23rd president Benjamin Harrison serving between Grover Cleveland's terms).
1--2 divided by 3 is .666
take the devils numbers(6 6 6) and add 2 and 3 6+6+6+2+3= 23
2--September 11, 2001...add it up... 09-11-2001 9+11= 20+2= 22+1= 23
World Trade Center WTC for short.
W is the 23rd letter
T is the 20th letter C is the 3rd 20+3= 23
3--Michael Jordans number. Michael's father was murdered july 23
4--David Beckhams number is 23
5--my names tc T is the 20th number in the alphabet and C is the 3rd. 20+3=23
I was number 23 on my soccer team
6--my favorite soda is dr. pepper...23 flavors
7--i graduated from my high school with the class rank of 23
8--my mother was 23 when i escaped that prison called the womb
9--the Titanic sank on April 15, 1912
10--William Shakespeare(greatest poet to ever live)
born-April 23 1564
died-April 23 1616
11--the Hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8:15a.m. 8+15= 23
on Aug. 6, 45 8+6+4+5= 23
12--W is the 23 letter of our alphabet. it has 2 points down and three points up. if you look at your keyboard you will see that w is right below and between the numbers 2 and 3.
13--it takes 23 seconds for your blood to circulate throughout your body
14--there are 23 characters on the face of all the original U.S. coins... check for yourself
15--January 23- Hitler formed the NSC
November 23-he tried to seize power
16--The movie "The number 23" began filming on January 23, 2006
17--theres 23 vertibre in the human body
18--23 is one of the cursed numbers from the t.v. show lost
19--Saddam Hussein was hung on December 30, 2006 12+3+2+6=23
20--the American Crow's max speed is 23 mph..this bird is thought to be a symbol of bad luck
21--the first six digits of pi are 3.14159
22--the very first morse code message was "What hath God wrought" (what hath God done) was from the bible passage numbers 23:23
Jesus was believed to be born on July 23
23--According to ancient Mayan prophesy on December 23, 2012 the world will be no more.
It's my birthday.
The number of flavors in Dr. Pepper... but I don't like DP
The "23 Enigma" is the Discordant belief that all events are connected to the number 23, given enough ingenuity on the part of the interpreter.
Just watch The Number 23, you'll understand
Plus its a pretty good movie. I liked it:)
There are many more things that have to do with the number 23, trust me. I've thought of so many.. I just can't remember them all.
. . .23
.. . . 23
.. . . 23
.. . . 23
I really hope that worked..