- Microsoft Word was first released.
- Mafia hitman Roy DeMeo is found dead in a trunk of his own car.
- US President Ronald Reagan proclaims 1983, "The Year of the Bible".
- London police begin the use of wheel clamps on illegally-parked vehicles.
- Jon B. Minnoch, heaviest man in USA, dies at the age of 42 years and weighing 362 kg. When he was admitted to hospital in March 1978, his weight was 635 kg.
It is a versatile term that can be used in virtually every situation.
Usually referred to in context of "the gayest thing since", as seen in the examples.
Everything is constantly 1983; 1983 is more constant than time or space, as it both time and space; it has refreshing duality.
"I haven't seen you since 1983!"
"That's the gayest thing since 1983"
"There hasn't been a black president since 1983. Except for Hitler, but Margaret Thatcher lynched that river nigger"