2. Bon Scott-Drank so much that he ended up choking on his own vomit later on. Somehow, AC/DC rebounded from this with their best album.
3. John Lennon-One of the founders of rock n' roll, his lyrics have been heard throughout the world as a message of peace. He will always be remembered, especially since every Beatles song is a hit.
2. You're telling me that Gary Numan's "Cars" isn't a 1980's song because it was released in 1979? Fuck you.
1. The music consisted of those annoying keyboard sounds with that electric synth Pop sound. The beats were all techno with no bass sound to them. The best artist of the decade would most definitely be Michael Jackson because he was ahead of his time.
2. According to facts, the sitcom genre was pretty much pronounced dead until The Cosby Show premiered. The Cosby Show was the best sitcom in the 80s because the other shows were basically American shows that would cast only one African American cast member.
3. The fashion was a DISASTER. Nobody matched. Even people who grew up in the 80s are embarassed by the things they did at the time and the things they wore.
4. The movies were extremely cheesy, with the exception of The Color Purple.
5. The 80s started the whole AIDS epidemic, and that caused a fear in people.
6. Drugs were used heavily in the 80s. People just acted as if they didn't give a crap, kind of like they do in this millenium.
7. Although rap was new in the 80s, it was mostly corny, with the exception a few rappers.
To sum up everything, basically the 80s was defined by Michael Jackson, The Cosby Show, and the whole drug revolution. The 80s were better than the 2000s, but they surely weren't better than the 1990s.
Nearly everything was cheesy - the pop music, the over the top fashion, the movies and their soundtrack, makeup, the hair....
What's even worse about it is that its fashion didn't fully die out until like 1997. Yes, there were some people who still didn't get over the 80's fashion!
The most worst thing about the decade was the women's big, fluffy hair - ugh! Men had those awful thick, mullet hairs where they resembled llamas. The music was the 2nd worse with its cheesy synthpop sound alongside those cheap drums - AARGH!
Most of the time the term "80's" is used in a negative manner, just like how the word "gay" is.
Ugh! This song is so 80's! Change it!
I admit I looked awful in the 1980's.
4.Guns n Roses
I was born in the 1980's