In the United States Army, Physical Fitness tests are given every six months and soldiers must pass with a 60 in each of the three events adding up to a minimum passing grade of 180. A 181 is when a soldier gives the minimal effort due to extraneous circumstances to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test. So a 181 is an acceptable, yet less than enthusiastic effort in order to accomplish a goal.
Soldier 1: Oh man today is a 181 day.
Soldier 2: Definitely, I'm so goddamn hungover from penny beer night I can hardly stand up.
Jack: Man I really don't give two shits about this final exam.
Joe: Just make it 181 and call it a day.
18-1 is probably one of the most embarrassing records to have in football history. It may be thought that winning 18 games and only losing 1 is a good thing, but when that last game is at the super bowl to a wild card team, it is nothing to brag about.
The patriots went into the super bowl with an 18-0 record. After getting spanked by the giants they went 18-1 and went from "unbeatable" and "perfection" to "embarrassed".
1. The biggest upset in football history (used by patriots fans)
2. The greatest thing to happen to the planet since boobs
. (used by everyone else)
1. I can't believe the patriots only got 18-1. That's bullshit!
2. WOO-HOO!!! 18-1, SUCK ON THAT, BRADY!!!
To have everything going in your favor until the last moment. Derived from the 2007-2008 season New England Patriots whose quest for a perfect season was derailed by the New York Giants in the Superbowl XLII.
I had an 18-1 bowling game last night, I was making all those strikes until I made a gutterball at the final round.
1. What the Patriots ended up after they got beat in the Super Bowl
2. The Trademark of the NY Post after the Patriots bought 19-0
Well there goes the Patriots' perfect season. Now their 18-1.
not perfect, usually due to inferiority to the New York Football Giants
1) "The New England Patriots finished the 2007 NFL season 18-1."
2) "damn! that bitch is 18-1!"
1. The state of being excessively arrogant or cocky.
2. The act of choking, as in an unexpected loss.
3. The process of karma catching up with a cheater or team of cheaters.
1. Bob was so too 18-1 going into that Tennis match and lost because of it.
2. Timmy was up by 5 points but managed to 18-1 the game away at the end.
3. 18-1 will eventually happen to Barry Bonds.
18-1 is probably one of the most embarrassing records to have in football history. It may be thought that winning 18 games and only losing 1 is a good thing, but when that last game is at the super bowl to a wildcard team, it is nothing to brag about.
The patriots went into the super bowl with an 18-0 record. After getting spanked by the giants they went 18-1 and are getting looked down upon than the 49ers.