|2.||12th General Order of a Sentry|
There are 11 General Orders of a Sentry, however there is a twelth refered to by many Navy."To walk my post from flank to flank and take no shit from any rank. If he is a chief I will let him pass, if he is an officer he can kiss my a**."
The 12th General Order of a Sentry is fairly close to the 11th in meaning
|1.||12th General Order of a Sentry|
The 11 general orders refers to the Marine Corps guidlines for keeping watch during fire watch. Now only the Marine Corp has 11 however the Marines made one adition the 12th general order which is "To walk my post from flank to flank and take no shit from any rank"
so if a corporal is on guard and is instructed to let no one in for any reason and an officer demands entrance this is where the 12th General order of a Sentry comes into play, the corporal must tell the officer to leave and use force if neccessary, although under normal circumstances such an act would get the corporal demoted
|3.||12th General Order of a Sentry|
An addition to the 11 General Orders of a Sentry (or watchstander) in the United States Military.
12.)"Don't Get Caught"
1) To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2) To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything which takes place within sight or hearing.
3) To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4) To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guard house than my own.
5) To quit my post only when properly relieved.
6) To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, the Officer of the Day, and all officers and non-commissioned officers of the guard only.
7) To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8) To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9) To call the Corporal of the Guard in any case not covered by instructions.
10) To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11) To be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
"Dude's getting busted for drinkin underage. That sucks!"
"Hey - its his fault he broke the 12th General Order of a Sentry"