Hella Pause, when a regular pause isn't enough.
CoolGuy27:I think we're going to hit up this frickin sweet party tonight.
Whackfool821:I think i'm just going to stay in tonight and study.
CoolGuy27: . . .
Long silence, often used in response to a stupid question.
Ice: Why haven't my balls dropped yet?
Also known as an ellipsis
, usually used to represent a word or phrase necessary for a complete syntactical construction but not necessary for understanding.
1) Often used at the end of a written sentence to denote trailing off See Yada Yada Yada
2) Used in response to a (written) incomprehensible statement or a rhetorical question
1) There once was a man from Nantucket...
2) "I found a moonrock in my nose!"
Mainly used in chat rooms or forums, in response to a sentence or phrase which cannot be replied to in any other way because it is incredibly stupid or strange.
IneedaGF: "I sniff my grandma's panties and wear her bra!"
DarknessAngel: "WHAT!? ..."
AfroPimp2004: "WTF YO ..."
Dot dot dot... silence...
crickets: *chirp chirp* ...
triple dot of awkwardness
used in texting
a way to say that you're not really sure, or lets just not talk about it
guy- do you want to go out on friday?
1) Puncuation used to show a trailing thought.
2) Used to denote a contemplative or mocking silence.
3) Sometimes used by people with no knowledge of English to end every sentence or thought.
1) So I was going to go to the store, but, you know, Mark was going to be there, so...
*SomeGuy* Dude, since wrinkles in your brain make you smart, if we just squished our brains more, we'd all have super IQs!!
3) Dude... since wrinkles in your brain make you smart... we could beat any enemy... by taking their brains... and taking away the wrinkles...
A series of 3 periods that, like the word "Hmm" can be used as a space filler during an awkward silence. However, they are also used to create suspense for usually unimportant situations, to answer a stupid question, counter a stupid comment, or simply to piss people off because of overuse.
Tim: I need to say something...
Tim: Im hungry.
~10 Minutes later~
Tim: Dude, I saw a flying cat!
Tim: No, Seriously!