1. German word for "above" or "over". Although frequently seen spelled as uber, the correct spelling "über".
2. More modernly this word has become mainstream in American pop culture as an adjective to add emphasis to the impressiveness of something.
2. über-cool, über-babe, über-hot, etc.
i.e.: Heide Klum is an über-babe.
word of the day: May 07, 2008
The ultimate, above all, the best, top, something that nothing is better than. Also Über
I'm Über confused...
Term with literal meaning of "above" in German. Brought to the mainstream in the early 80's by hardcore American punk band, the Dead Kennedys when using the term in the anti-Californian government song "California Uber Alles", which is a take off the German motto of "Deustchland Uber Alles", which translates to "Germany above all." The term was picked up in their native California stomping grounds by the typical surfers and "punks" and extended from there to many teenagers, the majority of which use the term online.
That was uber-lame.
(1) german word for "above" or "over" (correct spelling "über")
(2) Became popular in the american language through its occurence in a phrase of the old nazi-time german anthem, re-used by punk bands ("california über alles")
(3) Is now used as a substitute for "really" or "very" etc.
(1) Ich sehe die Sterne über mir (I see the stars above me)
(2) "...Deutschland über Alles..." (Germany above All Things)
(3) This website is über-informative
German for the word "above", but more commonly used on the internet for being the best, the top, the supreme, the highest of highest.
n00b: C4n 1 J01N Ur Cr3W?
Geek: OMFG, 1M G0NN4 PWN UR FR1GG1N 4R53 YOU.. YOU... UBER N00B
"über" is the German word for "above" or "over". It does not literally translate as "super" in English, but this is how it is usually translated in compounds.
über Nacht - overnight
Übermensch - Superman
"über" is the German word for "above" or "over". Is does not mean "super" what many Americans tend to use "über" for.
Über den Wolken muss die Freiheit wohl grenzenlos sein.
Over, Better, Higher, Greater, Super. such as... Ubermensch "Superman" or Das Flugzeug ist über mir. "the plane is over me" often used to heighten an otherwise standard term.
such as, "that car is Uber-shweet" or "I am the Uber-Pimp"