Über can also be translated as an adjective such as over, above, and super. The most frequent users of it as an adjective are gamers, chatters, and forum users.
2. (as an prefix) übernehmen - take over (nehmen = take).
3. Über *random German* - Over the bridge.
(2) Became popular in the american language through its occurence in a phrase of the old nazi-time german anthem, re-used by punk bands ("california über alles")
(3) Is now used as a substitute for "really" or "very" etc.
(2) "...Deutschland über Alles..." (Germany above All Things)
(3) This website is über-informative