Thanks for stopping by this weekend. Did you receive my invitation for the party this weekend?
Hope to see you soon.
can also be used as an exclamation point. originates from, well, the buttons being next to each other.
Why is this line so long? It's boring me~
I can't wait~~!
~ can also cover flirtatious behaviour with the opposite sex: you are never ~ with the same sex.
An ability to ~ is generally viewed as being a positive personality trait, unless it is used on a friend's mother, grandmother, or domestic animal. Being ~ to a friend's sister is usually acceptable.
~ is also the mystic rune of the send-it organisation.
The vast majority of the world's virgins, comic book fanatics, computer scientists, and train spotters wish they had some ~.
I was nervous before my interview, but she was a woman so I gave it some ~ and got the job.
Remember that bird last night? I gave her some heavy ~ and she loved it.
Girl 2: OMG that's soo cool~
1. It can be use in chat to make a word seem longer, such as in example 1.
2. It can also be used in chat to clarify sarcasm, as in example 2.
3. This key is very commonly the "console" key in most flash games that are editable.
2. I'm so sure~ -or- I bet it is~
3. Any flash games.
2. Sarcasm, Smartass like.
3. The button to open console in FPS games. Usually used in Source games.
2: Guy: Dude, do you like CoD
Guy 2: Yea, i sure like that game~
3: Guy: hur hur, let me use cheat codes in Half Life 2! *clicks "~"* Hm...Sv_cheats 1, Impulse 101...F YEAH!