Misotheism is the hatred of God, or the Gods.
At times, Misotheism can stem from a horrible moment in a persons life where the person feels they have been mistreated by God. But most Misotheists are people who either:
- Find the teachings of the God they believe in to be immoral and wrong.
- Feel that the Holy Book of the God they believe in paints an image of an evil God, rather than a wholy good one.
- Blame God for the suffering in the world.
- A combination of the three.
These are the major reasons for Misotheism, though there can be any others, and the only 'requirement' of being a Misotheism is that you hate God.
A person does not even have to believe in a God to be a Misotheist. Simply hating the idea of God and the image portrayed of him/her/it is enough to be classed as a Misotheist.
Misotheism is not to be confused with Dystheism, Maltheism, Antitheism, or Satanism.
- Insert example involving Misotheism here -
Free Daily Email
Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll never spam you.