Because the previous people got it wrong Apollo is a Greek God and his twin sister is Artemis and not Athena !!! The father is Zeus the biggest God of the 12 Gods of mount Olympus !! Apollo, the Sun god, brings life-giving heat and light to Earth.As patron god of musicians and poets Arts,sun and beauty, he carries a lyre and his symbol represents the “egg of creation”.
* One of the most important Olympian gods
* Apollo replaced the Titan Helios as the sun god; however, the Greeks didn’t delete Helios completely but referred to both of them as the Sun gods.
* The arrows of Apollo and Artemis invariably killed and the Greeks explained epidemics of diseases by supposing that they were shooting their arrows at people; and so, by praying to Apollo, the epidemic might be made to stop. In this way, Apollo became associated with the cure of diseases.
had a son, Asclepius who is better known under the Roman version of the name, Aesculapius
* He was a mortal medical healer who was so successful that he was reputed to have the ability to bring the dead back to life; which resulted in complaints by Hades. As a result, to keep peace in the godly family, Zeus killed him with a thunderbolt.
* The snake was a symbol of medicine and doctors and the Latin name for his constellation is Ophiuchus (oh fee YOO kuhs) which means “serpent-holder”.
He is considered the ideal of manly beauty, so that a very handsome man might be called an “Apollo”. He is also the god of poetry and music.