A town nearby to Toronto. Oakville houses the rich families of the GTA and has the recognition of being the richest town in Canada. Contrary to popular belief, Oakville is not filled with stereotypes and is home to regular people. Granted, these regular people have parents who actually worked in College and University instead of smoking dope or messing around during their high school and university life. To set the record straight:
1. Never has anyone said "Chate
" in my presence.
2. Yes, people here watch The O.C. so do people in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton.
3. Some of the girls here do look like Abercrombie and Fitch commercials; others however look like they belong in a Good Charlotte music video.
4. There is a drug problem in Oakville. There is a drug problem in Mississauga as well.
5. The entire friggin continent plays poker, we just play for money.
6. We have house parties. You're not invited.
7. Yes, we drive nice cars. This relates back to my point, people in Oakville actually worked for their money and worked hard.
8. Oakville is not stereotypical "Richtown". While the people here do have more money than you will ever see, we are not more shallow or have more wiggers here than anywhere else in Southern Ontario. In fact, we have less wiggers per square kilometer than any other Southern Ontario town.
9. We don't have more than one Lexus. That would be a waste of money, we diversify. Lexus, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, BMW and SUVs are all prevalent among families in Oakville.
10. Kids in Oakville are more likely to end up going to a decent University, getting a decent job and paying for your welfare checks than they are to live in their parents basements until they are thirty. Get your facts straight.
So, to all the people out in Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and wherever else you might be, come to Oakville and see how it really is before you assume that because we have money, we have to be discriminated against.
Missisauga kid: Man, I wish I lived in Oakville, but I don't, so I'll just diss it and pretend I'm glad I don't live there.
Oakville kid: Shut up and get a life.