1. 180 or so year-old American political party. It has, throughout its time, either supported, or had representatives which supported, gay marriage, abortion, the war with Iraq, American involvement in the Vietnam War, slavery, ignorance to national racism and discrimination, etc.
2. People who vote for the Democratic Party. They tend to know little about politics, and are led by their noses by buzzwords and propaganda, and a slight yearning to do whats "right", which includes taking the life away from something that, 99% of the time (the other 1% is a cushion saved for stillborns), is going, and I mean going, to be be a human, even with safe haven laws present in about 45 states.
-Lyndon B Johnson
"Democrat, Republican...why am I repeating myself?"
"Why did you vote for John Kerry?"
"Because he's not George Bush."