A person who belongs or is related to Mexico. A person who was born in Mexico is a mexican. A person who was born in the United States from mexican parents is a mexican and an american as well, regardless of what some people may think.
There are mexicans who break the law, don't pay taxes, live on welfare, and are uneducated, true. There are white americans, and african-americans who break the law, don't pay taxes, live on welfare, and are uneducated, as well.
If a mexican holds a low wage job is because whether he doesn't speak the language or he doesn't have any "papers". If a mexican can figure out how to solve this issue, watch out!
If all male mexicans would look like Ricky Martin, and all female mexicans would look like Eva Longoria, all of them would be so much welcome in this country, wouldn't they?
When the term mexican is used as an insulting adjective, it doesn't just denigrates the person who gets the insult, also denigrates the person who says it.
"You shall love your neighbor as yourself."(Matthew 22, 37-39)
1) A mexican is a person who values and respects family, religion, and traditions.
2) A mexican is a person who supports unconditionally the mexican soccer team, in spite of everything and against all odds.
3) Mexican food is really good, most americans love it.
4) They tend to have a rather large family because most of them are Catholics, and this religion forbids the use of contraceptive devices, it's not our fault, we're proud of our family.
5) Mexicans are hard working people, willing to do what no one else is willing to do, in some cases.