1. A follower of the religion of Islam (submission to God, peace).
2. One who submits to Allah (God in Arabic).
3. Follows the pillars of Islam (believing in God and his Prophets, praying, fasting, giving charity, and performing pilgrimage to Makkah)
4. A person who believes in God, his angels, his books, his prophets, the last day, the hell fire)
5. One who gives charity to the poor, prays, seeks refuge from evil and the devil, respects mankind, does not let his neighbor go hungry, cares for the elderly, refrains from drinking, backbiting, and evil deeds
6. One who follows the commands of God that are revealed in the Quran and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and his preceding Prophets (Adam, Jesus, Moses, Solomon, Jonah, etc)
7. One of the 6 major collections of the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
Muslims pray 5 times a day.
"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity." (Muslim)
The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: "Do
you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind." (Muslims & Bukhari)
"Allah does not look at your appearance or
your possessions; but He looks at your heart and your deeds." (Abu Huraira: Muslim)